Virtual Instruments

Status
Not open for further replies.
just ask anyone on the forum that has 1500 or more post if what i am saying is "Real Talk"....

i want you to do get all of these vsti(s) because you will learn first hand "exactly" what i am talking...

most do not understand that the fire burns until they burn themselves...

in other words...

how many times has someone told you that fire burns?

you did not understand until you burnt yourself...

right?

Last edited:
Simply put:

Komplete will be the best bang for your buck. 24 Synths/modules/what-have-you. Sounds are genuinely useful and modifiable, even in Kontakt and Kore Player.

If you get Kore as a standalone, you will still need to buy sample packs over and above.

I have not used omnisphere.

However, as has been said, don't confuse skills with tools. Improving your chops as a composer/producer takes time. Improving your skills as a sound designer takes time.

You need to acquire:
    • keyboard skills or
    • superior understanding of how to emulate with mouse entry (it can be done)
  1. Mixing skills
  2. EQ skills
  3. FX skills
  4. Mastering Skills
  5. Theory skills
    • harmony skills
    • arranging skills
    • orchestration skills
    • melodic skills
    • rhythmic skills
Thanks for the input. I am trying to find keyboard lessons so that I can get better. I know some of everything you just recommended. I know I have to get better at certain theory skills and 3 and 4. I should be pretty good at mixing and certain keyboard skills. I'm not feeling mouse emulation.

This makes no sense. I piano and a synth are two totally different things. Like I just want synths. I asked for a recommendation of my personal choices of the three. Omnisphere, Komplete or Kore 2.
Let's get back on topic.

My response earlier in this post was that Komplete would cover all of your bases. My statement about the piano was an attempt to enlighten you about your choice to buy as many synths as possible:

nah i should be doing is what i am doing now getting the most instruments i can. I do not plan on upgrading for a while (3 to 4 years) and i need more sounds so that my music never seems the same. because i personally do not like music that is repetitive which is what a lot of people on youtube do with their music. you click on the next beat and there are only slight variations.

Most of the people on this thread were honestly trying to offer you some words of wisdom that you immediately dismissed. You don't need "the most instruments you can get" right now if you are just getting in to this. All you need is a few. You are better off mastering a small amount of synths then owning a ton of them and not understanding any.

You shouldn't ask for help, and then reject that help once it is given.

i just think "producing/beat making" are different than throwing money at "producing/beat making"...

i also see that individuals that are starting out put more emphases on "tools" than "skills"...

i think the OP should get komplete 7, omnisphere, trillian and everything else under the sun and come back and tell us "how" productive he/she is...

i wish i could be there when the OP gets this setup of his/her dreams, sits down and start wondering what to do next...

8d72c_funny-pictures-cat-has-lots-of-toilet-paper.jpg
agreed. he doesnt want to listen to those of us who are clearly more experienced than he is so I say fu*k it let him do what he do

My response earlier in this post was that Komplete would cover all of your bases. My statement about the piano was an attempt to enlighten you about your choice to buy as many synths as possible:

Most of the people on this thread were honestly trying to offer you some words of wisdom that you immediately dismissed. You don't need "the most instruments you can get" right now if you are just getting in to this. All you need is a few. You are better off mastering a small amount of synths then owning a ton of them and not understanding any.

no what i am objecting are the insults that r being thrown about and you people expect me not to get mad. and i actually did listen to the good advice that was given i am just not with people offending me and the things that i wanted to try.

and by instruments i meant synth sounds, not hardware.

how does this sound like money is burning my pockets when I clearly said "I will not waste 700 dollars buying synths." ??? You don't really have an argument. I want a synthesizer that will last for a long time which would be komplete 7, kore 2 and Omnisphere that I know of. I don't have to use every single sound in an instrument in 5 years. I just need enough to get inspired by. Music inspires me but makes a fool out of people like you who stoop to insulting when they clearly can not understand the thread's purpose. Which was to pick out the best synthesizer of the three or recommend one with equal quality.

Stick to the point of the thread and stop trying to insult people like me because you have nothing better to do with your time.
If you really want a synth that will last you a long time buy a synth and learn it inside and out. Learn to make your own sounds in said synth and you will never have to buy another synth again. Well unless you want to of course. I get that you do not want to have to buy one synth and then it not be good enough in a year or two. Problem is when dealing with software that is just wants going to happen. Technology is moving so fast that yearly upgrades are going to be considered slow. In 5 years I expect to see major updates to products every 6 months

no what i am objecting are the insults that r being thrown about and you people expect me not to get mad. and i actually did listen to the good advice that was given i am just not with people offending me and the things that i wanted to try.

When did I insult you?
When did I say that you should buy hardware?

Do what you want. I just tried to help.

When starting out the most important thing is learning how to make a track. Having a core base of good sounds and fx will take you a lot further than having a shit ton of sounds. Seriously most DAWs come with decent sounds these days. I wouldn't even bother buying 3rd party stuff until you have exhausted the presets with your daw provided again that they are decent. Then buy sounds that your DAW doesn't have to fill in the blanks. Ie if your Daw has weak drums get some drums, if it has weak bass get some bass ect.

---------- Post added at 11:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:40 AM ----------

Nobody has insulted you. You were told the truth and are being sensitive about it. And nobody here has recommended hardware but simply buying one or two vsts and sticking to those for a while. Either way you were given the right advice and this is just turning into a huge arguement. Closing the thread

And the thing that seems to cause confusion is that synthesizers are mostly built for crafting sounds - while many ship with zilions of presets, and many people never step outside that comfort zone, I see the real strength in that a good synth basically gives you an infinite amount of sounds - that's what all those funny knobs and sliders are there for, and that's why I and others were suggesting that you only need a few good ones.

Learning synthesis might seem intimidating, but it's definitely not rocket science - the basics are pretty simple stuff, and certainly learnable by anyone willing to put in a bit of effort. Getting really good at it takes time, but at least you've got all those presets to look into how they're built.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back