Tutorial: How To Use Reason 5's Kong To Sample From Your Computer

Is it possible to slice/chop the sample into multiple parts?

I dunno. I suppose, just duplicate the sample and edit it again. There's probably a better way to do it, but I only just installed it today about 3 hours ago and just dived into it.

How about just take one of the outputs of your sound card and plug it into the inputs and rock out its all those steps are pointless to me. Lol.

Because I did it on a laptop, it didn't have Stereo Output to route through like windows either. was f*cking annoying, so I found that way around it. But from step 4 it's not about setting up the routing and all that.

Thanks people, feeling the suggestions. What do you mean diretly to the sample editor? I never even realised you could do that.

yeah just drop the sample into the Record sequencer or into whatever sampling device you use and then send it to the sample pool and open the editor most of the reason devices now have a sample edit button which will also send it to the editor

ok using windows, and a standard sound card, how do i capture my sound card in reason 5? I have googled the hell out of it, I am loving the new features, and the possibility of me being able to sample anything I hear, I just cant seem to get reason to do it. any ideas?

thanks

You can load up an NN-XT with your sample, play parts of it into kong's nano nnx-t and use the sample editor to do your chops. The sample in NN-XT needs to be a wav file, and you have to route it through the sampling input at the top and set the monitoring properly. Defiantly works well.

Lately I have have been using the nurse rex with recycle. I prefer the way that my MPD 18's pads sustain/release in nurse rex vs the nn-xt- feels more like an mpc.

Back