Tracking Beats into ProTools: Cut/Paste& Duplicate Method : Question

Polyphony

When I finish a track on my MPC, i then turn on the MacBook/Digi003/Glyph, and get ready to record. This is my problem: I record each track 1 at a time, for now, but when I go to cut out about 4 or 8 bars of one track, the beginning is always slightly cut off.

For instance if a drum lies on ' Start: 1l1l000 ' a small portion of the drum will be chopped off, what ever lies on that first note, after I cut out about 4,8, or 16 good synced up bars. ( because the first 3-4 are always out of sync).

This S**T! is driving me bananas! If anyone out there has conquered this problem, let me know how the f**k you did it !

P.S. What I have been doing as a little fix is that I, tried to get slick by copying a 'FULL' drum, and just placing it at the beginning at ' 1l1l000 ' to get a full drum for that first note of music. Please don't tell me that is the only way around this. Thanks in Advance People.

are you recording the track (kick, snare, etc) for the entire song?

it could be that the way pro tools and mpc calculate BMP's is different, like the pro tools BPM is 75, but the MPC's BPM of "75" is actually 75.0067 (or something).

i had this problem before with my drum machine and acid pro 6, i used a thing in acid pro called "beatmapping"

but it also might help to record in loops, like 8 bars, then duplicate the 8 bars throughout the song.

instead of recording a track for the whole song.

Last edited by a moderator:
Try off setting the MPC by one Bar.
Then use Grid to bring it back in to line, a bit time taking but should do the trick!

unless you like loosing the swing (if you use the mpc swing) then keep PT as the master. if you want to keep the swing of the beat, then make the mpc the master. start there and see what happens.

I'm still having the trouble even after setting the hardware engine to 128 samples.

its like after I trim to about 4 or 8 bars, that first beat still sounds like its FADING in instead of being FULL when I press play.

Back