The swing function in FL Studio?

U

UpnComer

Hey guys, just wondering. The swing thingy in Fl Studio, i was just wondering if having it set at 50% would be essentially the same thing as the 50% swing setting on an mpc. Anybody out there know for sure? I used to have an mpc and i think the swing and quantize was one of the best things about it.

Last edited by a moderator:
50% swing means no swing at all - the 8ths notes are interpreted as even 8ths and the same is true for 16ths........

45% swing means that the 2nd 8th starts early or, in the case of mpc swing, the 2nd and 4th 16ths start early
55% swing means that the 2nd 8th starts late or, in the case of mpc swing, the 2nd and 4th 16ths start late

50% swing means no swing at all - the 8ths notes are interpreted as even 8ths and the same is true for 16ths........

45% swing means that the 2nd 8th starts early or, in the case of mpc swing, the 2nd and 4th 16ths start early
55% swing means that the 2nd 8th starts late or, in the case of mpc swing, the 2nd and 4th 16ths start late

I dont use FL anymore but I'm sure 50% did something? What does 0% or 100% do then?

man thats confusing..do u guys put the swing in fl studio at 50 or what do u do?

Ive been messin around with it i just cant tell the difference sometime, recently ive been putting it at about 50%.

Thats hard to believe though that 50% swing doesnt do anything at all.

Back