SunVox - Multiplatform Modular Music Creation Studio

infradead

devices.png

http://warmplace.ru/soft/sunvox/index.php

Anyone else playing with this guy?

Thing seems to be a beast. The supported platform list is pretty damn impressive. Add to that its on sale and things are looking pretty damn good.

Its virtual modular environment and a tracker. Its kind of funky i've been avoiding trackers for awhile now, because i didn't want to have to learn hex. But this thing is just to cool for school, so i'm making the jump.

I'm not certain if anyone on here would be really interested in it, i'm really hoping so!

the developer has some decent tutorials up on youtube as well

https://www.youtube.com/user/NightRadio2007

here are some screen shots. the gui is definately not the most polished thing in the world but then it works and more importantly its laid out to be usable on a lot of different platforms.

modular environments tend to lend themselves to crazy routing, this seems to be no different looking at the screen shot.

sunvox12.png

this pattern thing seems to be unique to the program. i haven't' quite grasped what it does yet. i've yet to put any real time in it so give me some time.

sunvox13.png

the built in sampler is awesome. synthesis is nice and all. but sometimes you just need a sample or two to tear apart and render unrecognizable, or not. sampler!?! amen anyone :D

sunvox14.png

this is definitely an interesting program. can't wait to get a little more into it and figure out more.

oh and hex :\

The supported platforms is very impressive, and it seems very interesting. Although the gui isn't the best out there, seems kinda cluttered at first glance, especially on the mobile platforms.

Still, I just might have to check it out.

bright point is the guy is active in the demoscene they seem to do a really good job making easy to navigate GUI's . he seems to be open to suggestion and improvements.

i came across this a while back but didn't bother looking into any further because tbh i'm not great with trackers. i couldn't be bothered to sit down and learn either. the program looks interesting but the gui makes me want to vomit on my screen.

Why's that?

Because Timbo, Just Blaze, Dr Dre and 9th Wonder don't get down like that! lol

Looks decent tho. Sometimes I feel like I should get into trackers, but for the most part I feel learning it would just take time away from making music.

i came across this a while back but didn't bother looking into any further because tbh i'm not great with trackers. i couldn't be bothered to sit down and learn either. the program looks interesting but the gui makes me want to vomit on my screen.

yeah the GUI really has that old school tracker feel. like something you would use to make music on a amiga.

it seems pretty simple for a tracker though. i'm still not keen on getting decent at hex but hey..

Back