Setting up midi control in cubase

D

djderelict

I've gotten as far as the "editing generic remote device" dialog. My question is how do I tell cubase what to do when I press a key. My midi knowledge is expanding everyday but this is a bit over my head at this point. If you care I can make retarded lil songs now and enjoying what I m learning.(<---reference to last post) By the way I'm using a fatar sl-161 and cubase 5 vst 32 r4

Now that Ive been looking around my actual qustion has more to do with controlling the vst instruments. I cant seem to get them to play from the controller. HELP thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok now Im desperate! I've read all the manuals incl. the controllers and can't seem to get the controller to play any of the vst ins. I get a midi signal in so thats not a problem but I cant seem to get any sounds out.

I think I have everything set up right but what am I missing?

OK, I've literally just done this to check how it all works so here goes:
In the panels menu select VST instruments.
Hit the little down arrow thing to get a list of the available instruments.
Pick whichever one you want. (Let's say LM9)
Make sure the red button to the LHS of the word 'edit' is lit.
On a spare midi channel (say channel 1) click in the 'Output' column. From the pop-up list that comes up select LM9.
Click on channel 1 in either the track or instrument columns in order to select it.
Hit C1 on your controller keyboard, you should hear a kick drum.

Hope this helps a little bit.
KasioRoks

i fixed it. I had to uninstall /reinstall, clean out REG, bang my head on the wwall and drink lots of rouge beer. I still couldn't tell you what was going on. LEts just say it was the cubase and not me thank god

Back