Sequencing with atari! beware pcs!

A

atari

hey

just wanted to say that i don't care if you people are using crazy 800Mhz pcs with 32 bit color displays to sequence MIDI... my 520STE atari does the job! never crashes, and is stable.

But hey... you may have some suggestions and comments about what sequencer and system you are using. Atari still rocks even 15 years after!

atari

Hey there!

Well I've never had an atari.. I had an AMIGA a while ago but I was using trackers on it... and an external sampler a friend made for it :) lol

good old days

Now I am using a dedicated computer with a MIDIMAN 2*2 interface (I am planning to upgrade to a 8*8 rack mounted interface), and the sequencer I use is Cakewalk 9.

I am still missing Audio sequencing and Dtd... PRO Tools would be the best solution but its VERY expensive.

Take care

ahaha yes atari rocks !
I used to work on atari before (I'm on mac now)...
I had first a 1040STE which was so great and stable you're right...after I bought a falcon with cubase audio and the FDI, I had 16 digital tracks...hehehe but steinberg stopped developping new softwares and atari was very bad...so sad...
that's why I changed for mac...
I still have my 1040 and the falcon...do not use them anymore...but I'd sell them just a few cents ! hehehe

totally agree

big time, i have an st downstairs with cubase v2 never gave me any probs, now i move to the pc with cubase and try to run audio on my 450amd, BIG problems :(

I hate audio, gimme more hardware, id have an akia sampler over any audio solution for my poor 450, guess i best get that 800mhz with 512meg of ram for this one :(

peace

dafluxtah

Back