sequencer question

onload

it seems like i am a little confused to the exact purpose of a sequencer,

let me give you a example of the way i view a sequencer.

ex. i hook up my novation supernova 2 into a RM1X sequencer and as i program my seq. it essisently plays the keyboard for me.

please tell me if this is correct or incorect, if it is correct could i even go as far as to hook a drum machine into a seq?

peace

Usually the humans play the instruments by themselfes. But they have just 2 hands, so they got a problem to play the 3th instrument at the same time. so they invent the sequencer. (Very basicly information - i know)

The rm1x has nice drums, the sequencer inside can even send notes to a connected synthesizer via midi-out. This is the normal usage, and this is the fact, why the rm1x is a favorite one.

correct

peece

onload - U got it.

Just to clarify a bit on what Scientist said, sometimes you don't want that human being feel so you use a sequencer to producer a tighter sound (you know the tempo isn't gonna wobble with a sequencer... well it shouldn't anyway).

Also instead of programming in note by note you could use a keyboard to play the sequence into your sequencer (i.e. it records what you play) and it can then play it back.

You take either approach (programming note by note or playing in) with any instrument that has a midi in. Synths, drum-machines, samplers whatever.

Like I said at the start. U got it.

KasioRoks

Back