Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: "Reason" Vs "FL Studio" Sound Quality....What Do You Think?...

Thanks

"Reason" Vs "FL Studio" Sound Quality....What Do You Think?...

Sign in to disable this ad
    wuts good fp fam?.....i started makin beats in 2002 on Fl Studio, But i switched to "Reason" in about 2006 and have been using it every since.....but i was getting tired of using tha same refills, so i decided to make a beat in "Fl Studio" today and use vsts....The beat was ok but when i exported it and listened to it, the sound quality just wasnt as crisp as wouldve been in "Reason"....i dont know if its just me or if im just tripping...lol..wut do u think?

Thanks

Thanks
    I challenge any Reason user to a "mixing contest'...I'm using FL. We'll settle this topic title once and for all.

Thanks
    wasnt trying to have a mixing battle...lol...i just wanted to see if there wuz any tips for mixing in fl.....i know how to use eq's and compressors, but for some reason "FL" doesnt give me that crisp, clean sound...

Thanks
    Every DAW is the same..I don't get why you hear a difference. You only get out what you put into it.

Thanks
    A lot of Reason's sound is due to the Default Mastering Suite and what have you. FL Studio's stuff is typically rawer and requires that you actually MIX it and add some mastering effects to it.

Here's what you do: Make the same track in Reason and FL Studio. Mix them both, and see what you come up with. Let us know what you did to each and then we can discuss.

Thanks
    I don't really understand this topic either..
    It's like a Stick, and an Automatic.. You operate them differntly, but traffic rules got everybody doing the exact same shit..

................................ I'v used both!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 61Key View Post
    It's like a Stick, and an Automatic.. You operate them differntly, but traffic rules got everybody doing the exact same shit..
    One of the best analogies I've heard on this topic.

From another point of view, the genres that I worked with in FL sound the same as they do now using Ableton. The only difference is the workflow and how well you mix in your chosen software.
    [B]Think outside the box, collapse the box, and take a f--king sharp knife to it[/B] [SOUNDCLOUD]https://soundcloud.com/faerychild/winds-of-damnation[/SOUNDCLOUD]

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Married Gunslinger View Post
    I challenge any Reason user to a "mixing contest'...I'm using FL. We'll settle this topic title once and for all.
    The thing about that is that if your track ends up sounding better... it still wouldnt neccesarily be saying FL studio sounds "Better" than Reason...it would be saying that you have "Better" mixing abilities than the Reason User that challenges you.
    Last edited by Henny P; 12-27-2010 at 11:25 AM.
    “Get to work. Create something. Let's do music.” ...Ski beatz

Thanks
    my .2 cents is you jus gotta use those fruity plugins cuz they do help..jus look at the already famous ppl who do use fl studio...

Thread Information