Reason Swaping Instruments ?

10ndaYii

Estoy humanos amigos !
How do I switch an instrument in reason let's say I recorded Thor into the sequencer and now I want to replace Thor with Mästrom without deleting the tracks (midi data)

simplest way is to add the malstrom, move the thor sequence track to it, delete the thor: I've looked deep and hard and long and there really is no other way

No, the easiest, most simplest is to just go into the Thor patch, and change it to your desired Malstrom patch and it will notify you that "There are no Thor Patches in this folder but ## other instruments.", just press OK and it'll show you the rest and once you find your patch it will automatically switch them out.

I'm not sure if this works with 4 if you using 4 or below but, I know this works with 5.0+ for sure.

No, the easiest, most simplest is to just go into the Thor patch, and change it to your desired Malstrom patch and it will notify you that "There are no Thor Patches in this folder but ## other instruments.", just press OK and it'll show you the rest and once you find your patch it will automatically switch them out.

I'm not sure if this works with 4 if you using 4 or below but, I know this works with 5.0+ for sure.
this....... basically just open the folder in the corner where it says thor patches pull the drop down out and it will say all patches or instruments or whatever and select your sound as normal.

you have to click what you want to change it should be selected and blue outline.... right click go down and hit "browse patch" and pick what instrument you want...and it will swap it out

Last edited:
Back