reason copy and paste

steven1

when i lay out a drum pattern lets just say its

boom clap boom boom clap

and i want to copy that and paste it throughout the rest of the song it messes up , like where it transitions it gets mused our for example it would sound like

boom clap boom boomCLAP

draw your clip with the pencil tool, then get tha arrow tool and hold Ctrl, and drag over. that shuld copy and paste it.

make sure your doin ^^^ that in the step sequencer... i never program my drums on the redrum sequencer... use the step sequencer, its much easier

Actually I find in alot easier and cleaner using the sequencer in the Redrum. I think that is why they designed it that way. Try this: 1. Create a pattern in the Redrum, 2. Right click and select Copy pattern 3. Left click on pattern 2 to hilite it. 4. Right click and select paste pattern. Now you have 2 copies ofthe same pattern. Make neccessary changes to the second pattern. Now you can do this as many times as needed to create a plethora of patterns. After you have created all the patterns you need pull up the sequencer from the bottom and hilite the redrum track. Enable the sequencer lane and usethe yellow automation screen. Grab the pencil tool and select the pattern to work with and draw them in the sequence you want. This really is the most effecient way to use the Redrum. Because you only make one pattern and then from that pattern you create all your variations from that and it deff will give you an overall better sounding drum track. Just trust me on that! Try it and I guarantee you will be pleased with the result. "Sometimes we tend to work harder at trying not to work than we do working and using the tools available to us". This technique is so much easier. Good luck!

Ya, listen to 61key, it sounds like when your copying and pasting in the main sequencing window, you're accidentally grabbing the last clap which is causing it to double up when you paste it. So you need to draw your drum pattern into a group first with the pencil tool. Then just click on the block that's created to highlight it, right click, then click copy. You can then paste that block (drum loop) anywhere you want as many times as you need.

Back