REASON 5 NN-19 Digital sampler looping problems BPM not right ???

LC Acid

Hi I am new on this forum and would appreciate any help.I have had no problem for the last year using reason V.5. When using the NN-19 sampler Wav loops that say 128 BPM would loop perfectly now all of a sudden my loops wont loop at the bpm given on the wav file for instance if I have a loop that says 128 bpm I draw the line quantised from the beginning on C3 across said amount of bars but it does not loop properly but if I drop the tempo down say 3-4 BPM's it seems to loop fine... still works but is just annoying how it has changed like this.... has anyone got any idea why this is happening...any reply's would be greatly appreciated....LC Acid...Have a great day:cool:

Sounds simply like the BPMs stated in the filenames is either off, or you've accidentally set the root key to something else than C3.

hi thanks for reply they all worked a few months ago acoording to the bpm stated and the root key is c3 just don't know whats going on thanks though anymore ideas would be appreciated thanks

I don't use that module much at all so not sure tbh but it should be similar to nnxt if the sample's tempo information is not correct.
Or it could be certain settings not permitting it might have to research the nn19 if that's what you use

Could this be a sample rate issue? It's been so long since I used Reason that I can't really remember how it handles sample rate mismatches.

hi thanks for your help can any help with this sample rate issue or mayby its something else the thing is I have used all of my wav samples before no problem a 128 bpm sample would loop perfectly at 128 now all of a sudden when using a 128 bpm sample I have to knock the tempo on the sequencer down to 124 for it to loop and even then it is not always exact....just cant figure it out any help would be a blessing.. many thanks

"[FONT=&quot]1.) If you know the tempo of the sample, just set Reason to that tempo temporarily before importing, then set it back after importing and your clips will stay in time with your new tempo.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]2.) If you don't know the tempo of the sample but you know the length of the clip, say for example it's a 4 bar loop. Then import it into Reason. It'll come up short, as you describe (or long for that matter), and hold down the option key and click the right (or left) edge of the clip to resize it to the right length. Holding down option will time-stretch it to your tempo. So if your song is 117BPM and your sample is 130PM it'll be shorter than 4 bars. Just option drag it to 4 bars long (with snap on for super ease) and it'll be the right length and the right tempo."[/FONT]

This is why I encourage people to learn how to figure out the BPM from the length of a loop and vice versa.

60/(128/4)=1.875 sec

60/1.875x4=128 BPM

That's for a 1 bar (4 beats) loop at 128 BPM which should be exactly 1.875 seconds long or it's wrong.....you see the BPM of a loop and it's length go hand in hand so if one is wrong the other is also wrong, knowing this allows you to figure out exactly what is going on, cats who don't know this usually skew their beats toward the back end when time stretching and fiddle around way too long to make sloppy loops that only work as one shots.....I can cut faster on 1980's hardware than most cats can chasing the mouse around.....oh yeah and the best way to determine a tempo is by using a stopwatch rather than tap tempo.

Back