push the tempo.....but how!?!

M

memyselfandi

ok so i ripped a song outta this CD coz i wanted 2 get these few words in this singers voice which i soup up on SF and eventually sequence it with other tracks on Acid...now this is where the problem is...that particular song from the CD when imported into Acid is heard best @ tempo 95 while the rest of the tracks on my song are heard best at tempo 75...unfortunately since i just wanted these few words outta the song from the CD and not an entire song, i was not routed thru the beatmapper wizard so i couldnt click on "preserve pitch of song as tempo changes" or anything like that!...so this is where i am stuck...is there a facility available on Acid thru which u can choose tempo for individual tracks?...or anything else that produces similar results?...any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated as always...cheers!

Use timestretch to get the vocal to sit in time with your rhythm. If the vocal is long (i.e a whole verse or something), it's probably best to chop the vocal up into seperate chunks and stretch each section seperately.

Back