protools, fruityloops, and reason?

nickit

i have been using fruityloops for about 3 years, then just switched to reason about a month ago. when i got reason i also got an mbox and protools.

i prefer the fruityloops drum sequencer better than reasons, but i prefer the instruments and editing in reason. i was told that i am able to use fruityloops as a plugin for reason, and that i can use protools to record my reason instruments.

i need some help, someone help me out.

You can rewire, using Fl as your master or Pro Tools as your master, this will take some power so i hope your system is ready

i know, thats what im asking about.

how do i do it?

i have a gig of ram on my pc and about 7gigs of free space on my hard drive, that should be enough right?

do you mean i dont have enough ram, or space on my hard drives?

i just had my two hard drives reformatted, now i have 130gb overall of free space, also i have one copy of the windows os on each of the 2 hard drives, one with all the audio programs/drives and no internet, and the other with internet for everhtign else

What's your processor speed? Your machine needs to be fast enough for those programs to run at the same time...

Sounds alright to me... I use rewire to link pt mpowered with cubase vst5 (i know it's old). Obviously the newer the linked app, the more juice it takes up.

Last edited:
nickit said:

Well that's a good processor. You should however think of upgrading your RAM to at least 2 gigs when doing music production. And you should have an external hard drive, at least 120 gigs.

ok im going to look into ram upgrades, but i started the thread asking how to do it..

i figured out how to record reason instruments in protools, but i coudl'nt get it to play back what i recorded.

Back