propellerheads are soon gonna announce something new/ The Reason 5 thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where? I dont care, as long as you can slice within the device, just have it expand down to expose a wav form editor or something, if they do it Im sure they have a good UI for it. Also I'm talking about timestretching the individual slices. Can you even timestretch individual clips in record? when I tested it I don't remember being able to.

Ok gotcha. Individual clips ? I haven't tested that but it time stretch every track when slowing down or speeding up the tempo.

I wonder how old files you made using Dr. Rex will load in 5. They could've just left the old Dr. Rex too.

Next announcement....

More color choices for tracks in your sequencer. White, pink, new hue of purple, grey, and a color grid to make your own customized colors.

Last edited:
I wonder how old files you made using Dr. Rex will load in 5. They could've just left the old Dr. Rex too.

Next announcement....

More color choices for tracks in your sequencer. White, pink, new hue of purple, grey, and a color grid to make your own customized colors.

Where did you see that???

Inside sources.

Nah, I was just joking. that should make the next announcement(whatever it is) seem way cooler if you believed it, lol. I hope I didn't get it right joking.

Last edited:
Actually, you were close.

It's Blocks, and I'm definitely not impressed with that. If they want a non linear way of working, this is a weak attempt compared to Live's Session View.

Last edited:
After seeing the first 2 of these things, so far I am extremely disappointed in propellerheads.

Stop copying Ableton Live already. Stop making people pay ridiculous amounts of money for basic features (I have to buy Record just to record audio? Recycle just to chop a loop?).

EXTRA EXTRA: There are literally hundreds if not thousands of pieces of software out that allow you to do these things for FREE!!!

I love Reason, but come on man...

After seeing the first 2 of these things, so far I am extremely disappointed in propellerheads.

I have to agree. This should have been the first announcement. Dr. OctoRex was a much better new feature than this. This is just a fancy tab function. Nothing new.

Blocks? We're talkin' about Blocks man? Come on man. We in here talkin' about Blocks man??? Not really something new, but we talkin' about Blocks???? How the hell you gonna make Reason better with Blocks?????

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frsId3goYYE

Let's see what happens tomorrow.

Last edited:
dr octorex? and blocks?........wtf? come'on man, both the announcements so far have been real luke warm.

they better wow me with the next announcements because f cuk n blocks and dr octorex isnt making me feel like "omg i gotta get R5."

dr octorex? and blocks?........wtf? come'on man, both the announcements so far have been real luke warm.

they better wow me with the next announcements because f cuk n blocks and dr octorex isnt making me feel like "omg i gotta get R5."

I almost hate to say this because I don't want to start a this vs. that argument, but everything that Dr. OctoRex and Blocks adds to Reason can already be done, and done much better in Live.

Last edited:
Blocks? We're talkin' about Blocks man? Come on man. We in here talkin' about Blocks man??? Not really something new, but we talkin' about Blocks???? How the hell you gonna make Reason better with Blocks?????

Let's see what happens tomorrow.

So a response to Live's session view, I have to agree with the last three posters before me, kind of dissapointed so far.

I'm more a linear guy in the first place, and Blocks seems kind of cool, nothing necessarily wrong with it but I just can't believe THIS is the second announcement, hell dr.octorex in my opinion is more significant then this. Come on propellerhead, wow us.

Stop making people pay ridiculous amounts of money for basic features (I have to buy Record just to record audio? Recycle just to chop a loop?).

Kind of feel the same too.

---------- Post added at 10:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:08 AM ----------

I almost hate to say this because I don't want to start a this vs. that argument, but everything that Dr. OctoRex and Blocks adds to Reason can already be done, and done much better in Live.

People around here get touchy about when you say stuff like that, but there's no doubt that there's overlap with live or any other DAW for that matter and reason(and definitely for record), thus they do compete on some level. I've been having the same thoughts, it's nice that they are improving these things but it just doesn't impress me as much as it could because others have done it just as well if not better.

Last edited:
you dont gotta dumb it down or candy coat it.

everyone clearly see there trying to impelement
lives features.

i want them to announce something that makes me say "i absolutely have to cop reason 5."

so far im still content with 4.

Last edited:
Dr. Octo Rex loop player looks interesting, but fu*k these blocks, nothing special about them. Hope tomorrow there will be something good.

Does anyone know how much they will ask for this Reason 5?

Last edited by a moderator:
you dont gotta dumb it down or candy coat it.

everyone clearly see there trying to impelement
lives features.

i want them to announce something that makes me say "i absolutely have to cop reason 5."

so far im still content with 4.

I'm just trying to avoid an argument that takes us off topic, but to be honest, I'm mad about what I've seen so far. Usually Propellerhead's Reason updates are great. Reason 3 brought us Combinators and the M-Class effects. Reason 4 brought a new sequencer, Thor and ReGroove. Nothing about Reason 5 so far is anywhere near as hype as those new features.

lol @ how close I was to the announcement while just joking being a dyck. blocks? Just label each section of your song and highlight the entire group of tracks from the section you want to copy.

I'm studying this Reason 5 update, because i'm still a believer that Reason 3 was > Reason 4 and in all honesty, I'd still be happy using 3. If this update doesn't start shaping up, I'm gonna lose faith in Reason. Maybe day 5 will be Vst/Rtas support with a big "f**k u" message attached(Even if only available in Record, I'd be an instant fan). That would shut us all up.

Last edited:
deranged........if they announce vst support.......soooooooo many guys will jump ship and be sole props users.

---------- Post added at 07:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:35 AM ----------

vst support is the golden ticket i know everyone secretly has there fingers crossed.

i doubt it tho........and i sincerely hope they prove me wrong.

So this is the next image (or clue) for tommorow:

revealed-feature-3-gray.png

I still can't quite figure out what it might mean, any guesses?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back