Is this possible in FL 12?

RL1

I have been using FL Studio for a solid 8 years now give or take but there is one thing i never learned to do or even know if it's possible making it harder to be creative.

So my question is if anyknow if it's possible to make a sample "standalone" as in when i only want one part from a song some vocals or what not i sample that part say 10 sec of it then put in it my track and all is well but the problem is it seems to only "hide" the rest of the sample so it's still as if the full sample is on the track making it hard to reverse samples and takes alonger time than needed to start a project up because it has to stretch the whole full sample and not just the part i want.

Thanks.

That's about twice as long as my fl studio time lmao.
You'd need to use the playlist, slicex or edison.

Some say use fl slicer. If you do not care about control use fruity slicer. I suggest slicex/edison for exact control.

Thanks for the reply and good info but still chopping is easy, i make all my beats on a keyboard mouse setup mostly, but still dunno how to make a sample "standalone" if you catch me.

EDIT: You got some sick creative beats btw

Last edited:
How do you bring your samples in?
If you're using sliceX or Edison (I'm a big fan of sliceX) it's easy enough to trim them. Either select the bit you want to keep and use trim, or select the bits you don't want and delete them.
If you're dragging them into the playlist I don't know if there's a way to do that. I think the non-destructive/non-linear nature is the point and power of it.

Otherwise you can always bounce out the audio and then edit it in your favorite wave editing thingy..

you can select the sample you want within Edison and bounce it to your playlist or in the step sequencer. From there you can reverse your sample and edit it even more..

Back