newbie question about sequencers

L

Lazerous

Ok hopefully this isnt a one of those questions that has been droned over before, but i poured over the forum looking for a possible answer. im a very new to the whole djing/mixing/producing thing and ive got lots more stupid but hopefully easy questions to throw at you guys. after reading over a few of the forums and comparing my music experience im at a loss as to where to begin. SO im going to blindly stab in the dark. ive played jazz and classical trombone for several years and ive composed about 20 songs for trombone and various base clef instruments. my question, since i want to mainly compose house/trance, is there a midi sequencer that allows one to produce sequences in a sheet music or bar line environment? after reading a few reviews and the such it looks like im going to need to not only purchase a keyboard but also purchase one. well i dont know if i can handle all of that. ive got a sneaking suspicion that ive heard of cakewalk being used in a barline environment, but that was years ago. can anyone shed some light on my first of many questions to come?
thanks for the help all.

Lazy

DOH!?!?!

Boy will this teach me to goto bed at night. I'm sorry about the misspost in the wrong catagory. Hopefully the admin will find it before im thoroughly embarassed about posting in the wrong place. Sorry all.

Lazy

Steinberg - Cubase
DigiDesign - Digital Orchestrator Pro
even Cakewalk (arh, how I hate that program)
use the socalled piano roll - notation. (bars)
There are others out there, but I can only recommend Cubase and DOP myself.

Back