New Refill I'm Dropping. (beta testing)

Morning_Star

ProTools + Reason user
I'm dropping a new innovative refill for Reason. It's a song writing tool refill. It's designed to help people will little formal training on the keys to write great chord progressions and melodies. I need people to test it out and give me feedback. This will be private beta testing. To apply send me an e-mail that contains info about the version of Reason your using as well as your history with Reason.

So far, with the testing I've done, I can tell this may be a huge new way to teach and approach song writing. I'm going to contact Propellerhead about offering this as a release for registered users.

My e-mail is EpithetMusic(at)yahoo(dot)com

Obi- I will be sending you a copy of it to test. No hosting yet though.

I'm only accepting serious testers that will give honest feedback. Limited spots so apply quickly. It will take a day but if you don't hear back, sorry.

Ok guys, I'm finishing up the packing and the instructions right now. Then all I gotta do is host it. I'll e-mail the link to people that are in the beta testing. A few more spots are available. E-Mail me to get in.

The best advice about making refills is stay organized with the folders and make sure you program stuff in a way that is going to be easy for people to use.

im a long time reason user... been using the program since version 1 i would love to beta text this refill if you wouldnt mind sending it to me... i noticed you said that the testing was closed but i see a lack of real feedback and as ive been using reaosn for so long and know it inside and out i think i would be able to offer alot of feedback to help you revise and perfect it.

Where's the feedback guys? I just got done making a song with it and I'm loving the way it works.

I messed with it for a bit. I'm confused how exactly we are supposed to use it? Just for singing along to for basic songwriting? Then we start building the beat around a written song? So far its easy and I like the way its laid out. Its cool to just hit a key and have a full chord play

Basically the white keys are the seven chords in the scale. You play a chord progression using those keys. Then you have a correct chord progression with every note in the correct key. Then you lay down a bass line using the root notes from those chords (I'm going to make a chart for this). Then you use the melody scale to write the melody. Then drag the midi notes of the melody to any instrument you want or just play the same pattern on another instrument.

Basically, my refill forces you to stay in key. So you can write solid sounding progressions with ease. The biggest problem with writing chord progressions is knowing which triads actually form the chords in a key.

It's kinda hard to explain without pictures or a video so that will be coming with the full release.

Last edited:
I like can't wait for the rest. What would have been neat is a patch that would let me use more than a piano to make chords. But I do understand what you are doing with this tool. I'm posting a vid that will show up in a few hours. Thanks Keep up the work.

Back