Need a replacement for recycle+dr.rex player

TasmanianD

Im kinda new to this forum, atleast at posting. I love it tho, very helpfull. And now i could need some help because im going to do the switch from Reason to Cubase, mainly because the lack of sounds. (doesnt really get me where i want)
Just been makin beats for about a year or so, but the one thing i love about Reason is the sample abilities with dr.rex loop player, and i also use recycle to set slices. So here is my question:

- Is there any replacement, like "VST"-sampler which can provide me with such easy WORKFLOW?

I mean it should be able to:
- Load up the wav file
- Set slices manually (with playback)
- Automaticly assign each of them to pads/keyboard
- Have some effects, filters and what not

I have read about- Battery, and some other sampler-software but it seems nothin makes the workflow as easy as it should be.

And it must be available for iMac. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Cubase has GrooveAgent. u can slice it inside of cubase just like recycle and drag them to the pads of grooveagent in one go and itll map auto. there is no effects like u want but u can do all that in the mixing.... its very easy and quick.

I use battery and i think it is great it just isnt as quick at chopping as the above method. Unless you use recycle with it like i do. I use battery for my sampling and either poise or grooveagent for my drums.

Ok. Thanks.. So im better off bying recycle and battery then? Because battery eats rex2 files, and automaps the slices over the keyboard directly? or do you save each slice as wav file and map it to each singel pad?

Any other easy solutions 4 sampling within Cubase?

if you already have Reason why not just rewire? And why are you lacking in Reason sounds? There are thousands out there for free download. I have been using Reason for 8 years and running out of sounds isn't even in my vocabulary when it comes to Reason.

I mean really the easiest way in cubase is using grooveagent. u import the audio double click it and u get the same as recycle where u make your multiple chops... after that u just click slice. then u drag the now chopped file in one go on to the first pad of grooveagent and itll put each chop on the different pads for u... and thats it. no need to buy anything else It doesnt have the features that battery has but if you just wanna lay your chops in an easy and quick way its good.

And yea battery takes rex files...

Id suggest just checking out how grooveagent works for you first before spending money on battery and recycle or anything else, cubase has pretty much everything you need right there.

Aight! Thanks Nicky i might buy battery anyways cuz of all the features and i really like recycle. But i will check how things work for me in grooveagent first. Btw is Cubase 5 a must? cuz i might just buy Cubase Studio 5, cheaper and it looks like it has the most important features.

Xabiton: Well, i really aint a registred Reason 3 user as i use an old "bootleg" version. And i really wasnt sure to make the switch, because i never tried refills. But really i managed to make somthing out of nothing and now i want more.. Also want more freedom to record and mix in the same daw.

Last edited:
if you already have Reason why not just rewire? And why are you lacking in Reason sounds? There are thousands out there for free download. I have been using Reason for 8 years and running out of sounds isn't even in my vocabulary when it comes to Reason.

:hello: links please. I'm always up for free refills.

google free reason refills they are all over the place and not that hard to find. Reason station is a good start

google free reason refills they are all over the place and not that hard to find. Reason station is a good start

:bigeyes:Big Ups Xabiton, I been buying Reason Refills all this time, never considered them free (legally). Good looks, now its time to lock self in closet this weekend with a mini fridge of 4Loko's and Reason.
:cheers:

:bigeyes:Big Ups Xabiton, I been buying Reason Refills all this time, never considered them free (legally). Good looks, now its time to lock self in closet this weekend with a mini fridge of 4Loko's and Reason.
:cheers:
not all Reason refills are free legally but a lot of them are

---------- Post added at 11:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:33 AM ----------

you drink 4loko. god i pray for your stomache.
co sign. I am scared of 4loko

Back