my waves diamond wont install on cubase5

crunkman24

i just got cubase and i put all my other vst effects in the steinberg vst plugin file and they work...bu my waves diamond bundle wont! When I start up cubase it gives me an error saying that it could no find waveshell 5.0 and 5.2 (which are in the vst plugin folder) and suggests I reinstall waves. I reinstalled it numerous times and i still wont work...can anyone help me?

No offence intended. Just gotta ask, is this a bootleg copy?

If not, I'm pretty sure you can get a patch for that from Waves website. I think it has to convert the waveshell files or something to make them compatable to run in certain hosts.

Tech support will save you.

And if it is a legit copy, make sure its the right version. I remember having a problem with Version 5 running with Pro Tools 8, it would run the hell out of my processor, but it ran great with Pro Tool 7.4. Make sure to upgrade it.

Try this

HERE IS THE FINAL AND WORKING SOLUTION:

1. If you have your waves plugins installed already, uninstall them and delete any files they keep in your PC.

2. Disable UAC (User Account Control). This can be found in Control Panel.

3. Now you can install your waves vst, but you must install them as administrator! That means right click the setup file and choose "run as administrator."

4. After you have installed your vsts, you also have to run your host application as administrator!

5. Now just select where your vsts are installed and they will be successfully found and working in your host!

Back