mv8800 need help buying this week..record vocals

borse63

I will be purchasing the MV8800 this sunday and I just had a couple questions before my purchase.I dont want to make the wrong decision.So far after a month of research it seems like it does everything i need.Anyway heres the questions any help will be appreciated. 1) how long can I record vocals.I understand its based off the ram so If I upgrade the ram to 512 can i only record 124minutes?or can I assign the vocals to patches and them use them as midi therefore clearing up the used ram portion? Also once I record the vocals and chop them can I change the effects. And what would be the best way to free up the Ram save the audio back to your computer?. I will be doing alot of my own lyrics then add effects, pitch etc and chop and use as samples. Also I will be doing alot of sampling from computer. Also I have a audio interface and phantom power mic amp would it be better to run my vocals through the amp first and/or samples.One last question I will be rocking my motif xs with the mv8800 ,now can I only record my tracks as audio from the motif and if so then can i convert them to use less ram on the mv. I just want to make sure that i will not run out of space and then be stuck without room to operate the audio. in summary i will be using motif xs into the mv to record instruments etc., record my own vocals through microphone, and sample sounds from my turntables etc. Please let me know if this is the best choice for this or if i should go with an mpc5000 which i really dont want to because i think the mv kills it especially with the vga and capabilities but these are my most important features needed. Thanks any help is greatly appreciated.

i dont know to much bout the 8800 but the 8000 didnt have 16 level note var it only did it volume.i would go with the 5000.but you should be able to do what you want to do juss blow the brains out the mv and get an external hard drive sounds like ur gonna need it

Back