MuLab 8

MuTools

MuLab 8 features Flexible Audio Sequences, Creative Time Stretching and many more improvements.

Thanks to the new Audio Sequences you can now use samples directly in a composition, without the need to plug in (multi-) samplers and MIDI notes to play them.

Audio Sequences also let you play samples at a different tempo without changing the original pitch. This is done by slicing the sample into discrete audio events and each audio event is time stretched as needed. You have perfect control over the transients, the quantizing, etc. so any piece of audio can be blended into your composition, even if it's at a different tempo, pitch and groove.

Even better: The sample events in an audio sequence are not limited to the original sample. You can easily switch each sample event to play another sample, at another pitch, with another stretch factor. So, for example, you can replace the snares in a sample loop with one of the snares in your sample library, or with a different sound. Musical freedom and fun.

Last but not least: MuLab 8 also supports extremely high time stretch factors which let you make new sounds out of sample slices also within the MUX Modular synth and effect environment.

All details & downloads on Enjoy Making Music | MuLab DAW and MUX Modular Synth and Effect

Enjoy Making Music!

Last edited:
I bought a MuLab license last year! It's a very interesting piece of software, easy to use and incredibly flexible overall.

Unfortunately I had to switch to Studio One because it was a better fit for my particular workflow, but I'm definitely planning to use your MUX Modular Synth as a plugin in the future: it was so fun and powerful that I was spending all my time experimenting with it instead of actually writing songs!

Even tho MuLab didn't really work for me, trying it out was definitely worth it: warmly recommended!

MuLab and MUX Modular Plug-In v8.2 released.

Following the innovative sonic features of M8.0 and M8.1, MuLab 8.2 brings contemporary restyled looks and enhanced workflow.

Together with MuLab 8.2, also MUX Modular Plug-In version 8.2 is released.
Compared to the last MUX Plug-In 7, this is a huge update as MUX Plug-In 8.2 also includes all features of M8.0 & M8.1 thus including audio sequences, time stretching and spectral filtering.

See the complete M8.2 change log here: MuTools.com - Enjoy Making Music

Enjoy Making Music!

screenshot.png

MuLab & MUX Modular Plug-In version 8.4 released featuring APLC = Automatic Plug-in Latency Compensation.
APLC enables the proper use of plug-ins like look-ahead compressors, FFT equalizers, vocoders, convolvers, etc...
Most of the time, APLC is fully transparent to the user, it's all automatic.
However it's also possible to manually control the latency compensation of a plug-in or external MIDI synth/effect that doesn't report its latency.
All details & downloads on Enjoy Making Music | MuLab DAW and MUX Modular Synth and Effect

MuLab & MUX Modular Plug-In version M8.6.9 are ready featuring a new XY Pad module to control 2 sound parameters together, enhanced Spectral Stretching, Export to OGG files, and many more improvements!

See the detailed change log at MuTools.com - Enjoy Making Music

MuLab & MUX Modular Plug-In have been updated to M8.6.24.
See the change log for all details: MuTools.com - Enjoy Making Music

Parallel to this update also MuLab 8 Free has been released.
MuLab 8 Free is a free version of MuLab 8, with certain limitations compared to the full version (mainly: No VSTs and max 5 tracks), but is a fully functional creative tool which includes the complete MUX Modular synth & effect engine.
Feel free to spread it.

MuLab is a fantastic DAW. I've been using it on and off for years . . . jumping around to other workstations, but always coming back to MuLab. v8 introduced some amazing, competitive features, and v9 promises to deliver much, much more. I've been beta testing the new version . . . it's gonna be a sweet release! Hard to beat the fun interface and simple, yet powerful modular system. Rock on!

Back