Mixer to PC

badkazz

Newbie here with a thought, well more of a question. Is it possible to plug your mixer (ofcourse havin a turntable aswell) into your PC hard drive and directing the sample being played straight into a software program then editing or adding to to the sample??

your lingo is very screwed up. No you cannot plug a turntable or mixer directly to your hard drive. Get an audio interface and you can plug your turntable and mixer combo to it. Some interfaces also have phono pres for your turntable as well on board.

badkazz said:
Newbie here with a thought, well more of a question. Is it possible to plug your mixer (ofcourse havin a turntable aswell) into your PC hard drive and directing the sample being played straight into a software program then editing or adding to to the sample??

Assuming you actually mean "into your PC" instead of "into your PC hard drive" (which makes no friggn' sense at all) ...

Yes, you can. That's sortof the point behind using almost any audio editing software. Assuming you are over 9 years old and were born somewhere with indoor plumbing ....you should be genuinely ashamed that you have to ask this. It's not just "newbie", it's "I ain't been payin' attention to sh!t for a long time". My 7-year figured this out on her own with no help from me so she could put together CDs of her favorite songs from Dad and Moms' old vinyl ... why is this hard?

thanks for the help xabition. Oh and dansgold you were a great help too man. So tell me dansgold you ever hear of ignoring something if it upsets you OR IS IT BECAUSE YOU HAVE VERY LOW SELF ESTEEM THAT YOU NEED TO MAKE FUN OF PEOPLE TO FEEL GOOD ABOUT YOURSELF. Look man you got kids and it sounds like your 9 year old is more mature than you.

Dont be cutting on people for not knowing certain things. The point of this website is for musicians to learn from others. Enough with the disparaging comments.

Back