Melodyne Direct Note Access - completely incredible.

krushing

http://www.celemony.com/cms/index.php?id=dna

This is pretty unreal - and pretty much will make all the "you can't take out the eggs from a baked cake" comments redundant in time. I doubt it'll be able to take on full songs quite like this right now, but I'm sure that's just a matter of time by now.

I quite honestly thought what's being demonstrated here is simply impossible.

Maybe work on tracks with only piano or guitar chords but
not whole pieces

krushing said:
http://www.celemony.com/cms/index.php?id=dna

This is pretty unreal - and pretty much will make all the "you can't take out the eggs from a baked cake" comments redundant in time. I doubt it'll be able to take on full songs quite like this right now, but I'm sure that's just a matter of time by now.

I quite honestly thought what's being demonstrated here is simply impossible.

They talkin bout this over on the image-line forums, it's amazing to them the same way it is to you but i don't know what it is, and it was explained to me but i still don't understand, i'm not that deep into the technical aspects of music production yet.

Examples of use:
tune a guitar after recording, correct harmony vocals that are out of tune, or fix their timing, turn major chords to minor (and vice versa), switch tone scales, mute single notes, remix volume levels, etc. – all after the performance is already taped! <<< Does this explain what you can do with it, or is it just a small portion of what it could do? Is it saying i can edit parts of a song after it's already finished?

Last edited by a moderator:
Basically it allows you to handle audio - at least single tracks - like MIDI. See the video I linked.

Amazing ... simply amazing. I wonder if it's based upon expert-systems research or what kind of algorithms are involved. Simply fascinating.

I read this on some other site, think what you samplers can do now..but ti's like autotune that doesn't automatically tune ****

I dint think i would ever see this , well atleast not in my lifetime. I cant wait for this its going on my sweetwater preorder today.

Dj Maranello said:
They talkin bout this over on the image-line forums, it's amazing to them the same way it is to you but i don't know what it is, and it was explained to me but i still don't understand, i'm not that deep into the technical aspects of music production yet.

Examples of use:
tune a guitar after recording, correct harmony vocals that are out of tune, or fix their timing, turn major chords to minor (and vice versa), switch tone scales, mute single notes, remix volume levels, etc. – all after the performance is already taped! <<< Does this explain what you can do with it, or is it just a small portion of what it could do? Is it saying i can edit parts of a song after it's already finished?
We are only talking one track of a multitrack.
It will break down the chords.
Nobody removing with a pella or instruments to get a pella.
No putting a whole song in and getting the guitar.
It is great a thing but lets not overstate what it can do.
You are only hearing one instrument in the video.
Not a whole song.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree i am just looking at it for saving me studio time when editing i dont really make beats so i dont care much about making accap's or choping up guitar loops. Its going to be nice for what it does but its also going to be alot of trouble for alot of people on here asking dumb questions so be ready for that. Espically when it hits the torrents and all the crack heads start getting it.

FullSpectrum said:
Its going to be nice for what it does but its also going to be alot of trouble for alot of people on here asking dumb questions so be ready for that.

Yeah.
I can see that already.

I can already see alot of sampler producers being disappointed
when they buy this.Then they are going to blame Melodynes
for the product not doing what they say it will do.

WOW! this is like a dream come true. i compose as well as sample...but this thing here could change the game for people such as myself. imagine you wanna take that string part from Ciara's Like a Boy...take that joint...make some alterations to the structure, and chords, and do some rearraging, and then add what you wanna add to it, and you've got a masterpiece built off of a sample you went in and reworked yourself?!?!? don't even get me started on all the old school records with the simple chords you can snatch with this...AND, they make the notes sound the same as the original!??!?!?!?!?!?! oh yeah...i need to have this. but...it'll be a pretty penny of at least 600.00!!!

ok now this is truly unbelievable !!! And WE germans did it again !!! ;)
Now I have one Question....lets say you take a sample from vinyl, es say a gutar riff from the temptations and alter it the way you want it....haha...here comes the question....do you then still pay sample clearance ??? I think that celemony brought alot of head ache to sample cd creators and maybe a complete freedom for sample producers....what do you guys think ?

Hah, now you can even take a one shot orchestral stab from vinyl and alter compose a complete new sample you can chop up....damn and still keep the dirtyness !!

Last edited:
Muhahahaha! Its curtains to the competition. I'm already thinking of the crazy schit I could freak with this revolutionary tool.

Last edited:
Back