Logic user about to try FL studio! Come tell me I'm right or wrong!

Kitsune

So I'm installing the demo of FL studio on my Laptop PC to give a quick try. I'm about to start acquiring all new hardware/software and construct a proper studio. I had used logic in the past and the few other DAWs I tried on PC just didn't do it for me. I have heard great things about FL being a good alternative so I'm going to give the demo a try as soon as I'm done writing this. Give me some feedback concerning your own experience with Logic vs FL studio and tell me what you like and don't like about both. I'll compare it with my own experiences over the next couple hours/days and see how I feel about it. I want to be converted as I don't care for the business practices of apple but if I have too I'll stick with them as Logic just feels so intuitive to me.

I am already not enthused with this program. Things that are just simply intuitive in logic make no sense in FL. Such as merging pattern clips for example lol. I'm going to keep playing around with it but the GUI and program in general at first touch feels like a toy.

To each their own. I personally find FL Studio to be one of the best vst hosts out there.
It takes some time to learn if you are not a user of the older versions (9xxl/10/11/12 etc)
Some daws function like analogue gear and some daws function absolutely nothing like analogue gear.

I've been using Logic Pro for over 10 years, and the couple times i've used anything else I haven't been happy (especially Pro Tools, how the heck do they sell that DAW?). Cubase from what i've experienced is the best equivalent to Logic for PC, but I still didn't find it as intuitive. Ableton Live looks awesome and intuitive for the synth related tasks, but not as awesome for audio recording.

I'm sure its entirely a matter of preference and years of only using Logic, since these other DAW's have huge audiences claiming theirs is the best.

You might look at Cakewalk which is free now, and on par with Logic is many ways.
Like Logic is Apple only, Cakewalk is Windows only.
Another Win app I like is Podium. For midi vsti stuff it's great!

I’ve used fruity loops for years prior to converting to Logic. Over the years I’ve used it I was not really into mixing/recording just making beats. I liked how I could make drums patterns easily and the sampler was dope as well.

Now that I use Logic I really got into mixing my own stuff and it’s pretty intuitive (although there’s some things I wish they would update). I’d like to go back to FL studio knowing what I know now and see how it has changed over the years.

Anyways- I don’t think you can go wrong with FL studio. You may like some things about it and may not like some things about it. It’s all how you use it.

Choose whatever feels right to you. There is nothing wrong with trying out other DAWs.

I personally started on FL & switched pretty quickly to the MPC Studio Black, because I like the hands-on approach.

To each their own.

Back