Logic 8: Recording Midi to Audio Tracks

you're funny

Logic Noob Alert!!! (Former Ableton User)

I recorded a midi track (from NI Massive) into Logic 8 but want to record another track using Massive. So, I figured I should record the midi sequence into an audio track but I can't figure out how to do it.

Recommendations?

just solo the region, set the locators around it and bounce it....or output the massive track to a bus and make an audio track with the input of the same bus and hit record

I think the common practice is to bus it, and record the output of that as an audio track...that way you don't have to bounce.

starting to miss Live now, aren't you? the concept should be the same as resampling in Live, you just have to figure out where to go to do the proper routing.
LevLove

I don't use Massive, but you should be able to have multiple instances of it I'd assume.

If you're concerned about your CPU usage, Freeze the track when you're done with it, that way you can still easily edit it later if needed.

Bouncing or bussing makes no sense to me in this situation, why? You're not trying to use it outside Logic or send the individual track to someone are you?

Well massive is a bit of a cpu hog and though u can freeze it, having it in audio will enable u to edit freely without unfreezing the track

Back