issue with ableton ive

gmixstudios

Hi there, i am trialing Live out and I have come to some stumbling blocks
despite reading the manual these seem to occur

what I am doing is loading up drum racks and putting samples on to it so I can use it as a MPC style interface

i select the clip so that the midi editor shows in the bottom
select a 4 bar loop alter my start and end times and press record

at this stage it is hit and miss if the midi notes show on the editor screen
if i press tab i can see the part recorded and click on that

but some times once i have recorded it (and i can hear it play back when in record mode if i have over selected) but when i press stop all is gone and it will not play

so to summerise i have two issues

one- the midi data not recording all the time on the midi editor screen at the bottom

two- work not playing back when i press stop after recording and play again, even if i select the triangle to make it play on the clip or the master

Thanks

go thru the internal lessons and follow them step by step....u are missing something basic and it laid out for u.....u will waste a lot of time on message boards asking the simplest questions if u dont take out the time in the beginning to learn the basics....

las7154 is right. make sure you watch all those vids at the link kb420 provided. also, it sounds like you're not in overdub mode. turn on overdub by hitting the overdub button up top. if you don't know where that is, open the help menu and search "overdub". also, you may want to click on the clips play button instead of the global play button when tryin to record into an existing midi clip.
LevLove

Back