How many of you Reason 4 users track to another DAW

AKStyleZ

Im wondering how many "experienced" Reason users actually trackout to Cubase or another Daw for some more polishing and filtering?
You got everything you need in Reason in terms of EQ and Compression but there are a lot of VST Plugins thats being used after a track has been completed to polish the sounds if you kno wat I mean.

Last edited:
I track into Logic because I like the mixer and interface better in Logic. I've tried mixing solely and Reason, but tracking into a DAW just suits my work flow a little better.

Tracking into ableton live allows me to use audio and midi effects in live even after I enhance sounds in reason.
None of the stuff on my myspace was done in Live or reason though.
All was done in magix studio 2005.

Ait fellas, appriciate it, thats what I mean though. Am I missing out on lot of those effects/plugins for my mixes?

I mostly keep things in Reason and only Stereo Out (ReWire) to SONAR. I take everything into SONAR though for final mix with my guitars (not really enjoying Record's limitations either). But most times I have the individual sounds tweaked enough in Reason and I'll mix through both programs.

Interested to hear more about how people use Reason and Live together. Obviously Live's FX are immeasurably superior, so those have to be used. And Reason's drum set-up is to me more intuitive, so that would have to be used.

I've bounced stems out into cubase. It's far to annoying to do that and realize that you want to change a fill, or change the sequence all together because the mix has changed drastically.

I've eliminated the mixer and rewired everything to cubase through the hardware interface. If I had the money for Logic I might use that, but instead I've been using cubase SE and can't get into automation on the mix.

Ait fellas, so what about the DAWs themself (logic, cubase) is there lot of things which are necesarry that you feel are missing in Reason as far as mixing goes?
Or is it just the Sequencer which makes yall rewire?

i learned live 1st...and reason's sequencer is nowhere near live's...i just got reason for the sounds....i wanted to get into programming synths and reason has a lot of resources in that regard....plus...they have some nice effects that i can use in addition to the ones in live....

i've seen you post a bit recently and you seem too obsessed with your gear rather than actually making music.

yes you can produce and mix full songs within reason. it is a very usable and stable environment. there have been songs released and they have been created within reason.

obviously if you use reason in conjunction with other software it will be superior but that doesn't mean you have to use reason with other software. it is perfectly capable by itself.

if you stick with reason and learn the synths and fx units you will be doing pretty well.

I use Live but alot of times there isn't really a reason for me to "track out" since everything is rewired to it's own channel. this way i can mix in Live and if i still need to make changes in Reason then i can just go to Reason and do so. i like the flexibility of being able to sequence in both apps at the same time and go back and change stuff when ever i need to. Live and Reason are great together because they are dam near seemless.

sometimes i'll do all my sequencing in Live (with the Reason modules rewired), sometimes i'll sequence solely in Reason and just keep Live open for efx, and somtimes i'll sequence in both simultaneously, thats the beauty of it, i can do whatever i want, when i want, how ever i want.
LevLove

I do everything in Reason alone and get a nice warm and fat sound whenever I sart mixing in reason...the only thing I do in the end is put an L2 on top of the end mix for the rest...

i've seen you post a bit recently and you seem too obsessed with your gear rather than actually making music.

yes you can produce and mix full songs within reason. it is a very usable and stable environment. there have been songs released and they have been created within reason.

obviously if you use reason in conjunction with other software it will be superior but that doesn't mean you have to use reason with other software. it is perfectly capable by itself.

if you stick with reason and learn the synths and fx units you will be doing pretty well.
I kno wat u mean, Im just asking myself if Reason has its own way to make up for all the vst plugins which are avaliable for mixing in DAWS such as Cubase. Reason got MClass, do they really supply you with all tools you need as far as mixing goes (bump sounds, quality and what have u just meaning tools for mixing itself)

I would say about 90% of the time if I start the beat in Reason I usually finish it using only Reason, sometimes if I can't find a sound I am looking for I will export everything to audio and bring it into Cubase to browse through some vst's.

Back