How to Fully Install REAPER Skins???

me1999now

I installed a couple of skins for Reaper and they're pretty dope. However, I don't have the full theme because the buttons and other graphics haven't been loaded. I noticed that these graphics are located in the "Extras" folder that came with the skin but how do I load them into Reaper?

Thanks. I went to this menu but it doesn't let me import the buttons that I want. I have my settings matching what you have in the screenshot above but I'm getting different icons. Do I have to copy and paste the images I want to a specific folder?

Thanks again.

See I never go to load theme from that menu in the picture. I always extract my themes here C:\Program Files (x86)\REAPER\ColorThemes

Im on a 64 bit system so (x86) shows, but just look for Program Files instead if your not also.

What you wanna do is have the theme file in that directory and the sub-folder in there too. You can just throw themes in that folder and they will show up in Reaper but its best to restart it because sometimes they don't update everything

Like this...

http://a.imagehost.org/0640/Reap_2.png

If you were to install Reaper on a usb drive all the themes will go with it, since it just copys that main folder.

----

You might be asking this too im not sure, but the themes that come with another folder inside a folder you refer to as extras. Try copy and pasting those over the pics in the previous folder. Make sure you back those up first tho. Probably another way of doing it but I never really paid attention to those that came with the extra folders.

Last edited:
What I do is install my themes to the C:\Program Files\REAPER\ColorThemes folder as well and just select it from Reaper's option menu under "Themes". My first time going through that menu was yesterday. I put the sub folders in that directory as well.

The issue I have is that when I select the theme from Reaper the buttons that appear in the "Extras" folder aren't loaded. They're formatted nicer and are easier to see when I'm navigating through the application than what loads up when I just select the theme.

I'm not sure how I can tell Reaper to use the buttons that come in the "Extras" folder instead of what is loaded when I select the theme. When I load the theme it looks totally different than what I saw in the screen shot that they show in the download. What I notice is that the screenshot has these buttons and mixer graphics loaded and they don't load in my Reaper for some reason. I'm not sure if I had to add the graphics from the "Extras" folder myself somehow.

I'll try the copying and pasting thing but I'm kind of confused because the actual theme itself is not a folder; it's like a blank file. Not sure of what the file extension is. I'll have to check when I get home from work.

Definitely thanks for your help.

make sure the theme stuff is not in a subfolder i installed ledfest and it looked like **** because the recources folder was in a sub folder

make sure the theme stuff is not in a subfolder i installed ledfest and it looked like **** because the recources folder was in a sub folder

Got you, so I should take all of the packaged jpegs out of the folder and drop directly into the Reaper theme directory? Right now they're all in there but they are contained within their own folder. I'm pretty sure that's the issue because when the theme document was in the sub-folder the theme wasn't available in Reaper until I took it out.

I'll try this out tonight. Thanks!

Back