How do you layer drums in Ableton live 8.0.1

Hi I'm currently using Ableton live 8.0.1 and I can't seem to figure out how to layer kicks or any instrument for that matter. I searched everywhere youtube, ableton.com, and even here. I found a thread about it but it didn't help me because i could find the I/o button next to my drum rack like it stated. Any help would be greatly appreciated.:hello:

ps: one video showed how in the drum rack or some rack there are 3 sections for you to put the drums in but i cant find that anywhere in ableton.

Last edited:
The little buttons at the left edge of the Drum Rack show the different parts of it, most of which are off by default. Reading the manual might be a good idea as these are all explained right at the beginning of the Drum Rack section...

I'd strongly advise updating to the most recent version as well, the initial versions of 8 were pretty buggy.

Hey I think I found it after messing around with a few buttons. Thanks I really appreciate it and I searched the manual it I couldn't it but thanks i figured it out now.

Back