Thread: How to change the root key in Piano roll?

Thanks

How to change the root key in Piano roll?

Sign in to disable this ad
    Hi all, I want to go up an octave on the piano roll but my physical keyboard only plays up to the beggining of the octave I want, how do I shift the keyboard up, or change the root key of the piano roll?

Thanks
    you can just copy and paste all of the notes up one octave. Control A to select all of the notes, then drag them up in the piano roll to where you want. ..I think that's what you're asking?
    Your physical keyboard/midi controller may be able to go higher if there are octave up and down buttons, if not, idk man
    Last edited by Epsilon-144; 06-03-2018 at 09:59 AM.
    Soundcloud: Epsilon-144

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Epsilon-144 View Post
    you can just copy and paste all of the notes up one octave. Control A to select all of the notes, then drag them up in the piano roll to where you want. ..I think that's what you're asking?
    Your physical keyboard/midi controller may be able to go higher if there are octave up and down buttons, if not, idk man
    What I mean is, Im using a QWERTY keyboard to play piano, and my Qwerty only goes from C5 to G6 on the piano roll which means beyond that note I have to click in the notes with my mouse , so I need to make G6 my root note so I can then play from G6 to E8

Thanks
    In the channel settings window, you will need to RIGHT click the small square that says "c1" etc, the orange square is your root note, RIGHT click another one to change it up or down.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails flpic2-jpg  

Thread Information