How to change the root key in Piano roll?

BenCollyer1991

Hi all, I want to go up an octave on the piano roll but my physical keyboard only plays up to the beggining of the octave I want, how do I shift the keyboard up, or change the root key of the piano roll?

you can just copy and paste all of the notes up one octave. Control A to select all of the notes, then drag them up in the piano roll to where you want. ..I think that's what you're asking?
Your physical keyboard/midi controller may be able to go higher if there are octave up and down buttons, if not, idk man

Last edited:
you can just copy and paste all of the notes up one octave. Control A to select all of the notes, then drag them up in the piano roll to where you want. ..I think that's what you're asking?
Your physical keyboard/midi controller may be able to go higher if there are octave up and down buttons, if not, idk man

What I mean is, Im using a QWERTY keyboard to play piano, and my Qwerty only goes from C5 to G6 on the piano roll which means beyond that note I have to click in the notes with my mouse , so I need to make G6 my root note so I can then play from G6 to E8

In the channel settings window, you will need to RIGHT click the small square that says "c1" etc, the orange square is your root note, RIGHT click another one to change it up or down.

Attachments

• FLpic2.jpg
    FLpic2.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 32
Back