$hould FL Studio/Fruityloops change it's name

They aren't trying to be PT, Cubase or any of the other studio quality DAW's.

They have succeeded in capturing the market that they want...home based people who make music for a hobby...

aka 99.9% of people that download/purchase it.

biggrome said:
It's really just the name. I've never used it but REAPER is getting the same backlash for being cheap, people want to seem like they're using a "ballin'" program. Something with a price tag that makes it seem like they're serious or something. As long as REAPER is cheap, it'll be looked down upon... no matter what it can do. Materialistic world we live in. GET LIVE 7 and never be laughed at... be part of the IN CROWD. We some cool mf's, lol.

For the record, I think FL is a tool like any other DAW but... some people think it really produces sounds instead of arranges sounds... weird.
disagree about reaper, a lot of their users, not all, but enough to make a huge impact have made complete as$es of themselves by going into forums, official daw forums, and trolling, being rude while trolling, and well, just trolling. kvr, a place where damn near every freebie and low cost app and vst/vsti gets major praise, regardless of any real quality, got tired of the constant reaper trolling. picture starting a thread askin' for help for your beloved live and all of a sudden some as$wipe hijacks and either politely or rudely tell you to change daws because yours suck. you ignore it, pay no mind. but then it happens again and again no matter the topic. after a while you get a picture, right or wrong, about it's users. you know the saying, it only takes a few, and those few have been discussed at the reaper forums.

the users can be detrimental to a daw...some perceptions because of a few....
cubase user, at least the ones at the official forums are whiny b!tches ("why won't steinberg make it easy for me to make great music and get groupies, :cry:")...

...fl users are thin skinned and come off like they have an inferiority complex due to their choice...

...logic... way too many just got logic for the 1st time and think they found god and either can't admit flaws or don't even know the app well enough to know any because '"it's all about the jampacks", lol...

...pt...need i say more "it's the industry standard, so there:p" thin skin, especially hd users (check gearslutz whenever they get challenged from le and other daw users and devs pro and amatuer)...

...sonar... like a little brother with "the hey, me too, look at me, please"...

...live..a little cultish...

...samplitude...kinda snobbish and cultish. no matter how many null tests still think it's the best sounding...

...and reaper...the hare krishna/scientologist/jehovah witnesses jim jones folk who not only drank the koolaid but are steadily tryin' to make everyone else drink it too.
grape koolaid for everyone:cheers:

all that is just plain generalizations and in most cases b.s. but there's enough of those type to tarnish the majority.

oh, and the actual look can turn people off. i don't use fl (tried a demo, didn't like it), and i have no doubt it's on par to every other daw, has pros and cons, but man, is it an eyesore, imo. i feel the same way about sawstudio, some versions of sonar. aesthetics are not as important as function but it can make a difference if you think you're going to be staring at something for hours and hours

they should change their name to dirty underwear magazine

I think the name and fun plug ins make it more user friendly. Nikkas is way too serious. It's just f**kin music production.

Nikkas can smoke weed, drink, pop a pill, have groupies left and right in the studio while they make music, but you don't think a program is serious because of it's name and look?

SMH @ pots calling the bottle of bleach black.

DJ Detrimental said:
yea umm its def not for kids my dude. umm is 9th wonder a kid to you? but anyway i definitely always thought about tht. as long as people dont know the full name its cool. the name FL Studio is jus fine. but the name fruityloops sounds like some girly stuff tho.

Yeah but he grew up (About time too) and uses something else

yeah its a beginners tool period....its in the same category as music maker to me....something to get your feet wet, its good to play around on. seriously you guys talk about software vs hardware. now can we agree 1500 for a decent comp, 149 for fl, then another few hundred on controllers, then a few thousand on plug-ins, and you can do the samethings as a motif or mpc or fantom. the only thing comps have over hardware is a gui.

Lokness42 said:
yeah its a beginners tool period....its in the same category as music maker to me....something to get your feet wet, its good to play around on. seriously you guys talk about software vs hardware. now can we agree 1500 for a decent comp, 149 for fl, then another few hundred on controllers, then a few thousand on plug-ins, and you can do the samethings as a motif or mpc or fantom. the only thing comps have over hardware is a gui.

Except PC's/DAW's are more easily expandable/upgradable, as opposed to Motifs, MPC's or Fantoms.

Back