hardware controller for Cubase SX?

F

fatlace

I know about the ones out now, Houstin, Mackine one, Tascam and what not. Do any of you use either of them? Or can you recommend one? Thanks.

and that lets you control things in Cubase? the transport, mixer, etc?

fatlace said:
I know about the ones out now, Houstin, Mackine one, Tascam and what not. Do any of you use either of them? Or can you recommend one? Thanks.
Why exactly would you want to have any of these? I mean, if you're working in a pro studio I can understand, but if I had that kind of money to spend on my own home studio I wouldn't go out and buy a Houston. You can use any hardware midi controller to control Cubase's mixer, the more knobs and faders it has the better of course :) I use a Phatboy :o

ok, anyone else? I wasn't asking whether I should get one or not was I?

yeah.

Last edited by a moderator:
fatlace said:
and that lets you control things in Cubase? the transport, mixer, etc?

It has no transport controls, but I know the key commands for that by heart so I don't need transport control. The Promix01 allows me to control the mixer functions in Cubase.

The Houston

I have a houston. I have tried the mackie and I gotta tell you. If you are going to stay in the steinberg environment the houston is the best friggin thing since sliced bread. I love it. My productivity shot through the roof after getting it. I learnd it in about 30 mins (no lie) and became proficient at it in just a few days. Everything is a button push away and all your softsynths can be automated by those 8 knobs above the faders. EVERYTHING, synths, Fx, channel values. For instance say I have the pr0 53 loaded and I want to ajust the cuttoff I just page through the values until I see cuttoff above the knob, then I twist it and it goes. VERY VERY simple, and extreamly responsive. Its also very stable and has a solid construction. Ergonomically it feels good. The Mackie looks nicer but looks dont work for me. The houston is alot bigger giving you more room to feel free. The faders are wider apart giving you the extra finger room. Now if you are going to do any multi platform work that my all means get the macki cause it too is killer but the workflow of its design was not made specifically for cubase or nuendo the houston was. I really really like the houston cause I really really like Sx. Get one. For real.
Screwface

Back