Fl vs Ableton Help!

Liam1895

I recently tried using ableton compared to fl studio and it looks like it has and could do so much more then fl studio in the genre of music I produce in (DnB & Dubstep) and I just wanted to know if this was true?

Am I limited in FL Studio? Which is a better option for me?

Also is mixdowns in Ableton more easy and better quality due to the plugins and range of audio effects they have over FL?

Last edited:
Thing about daws is whatever works for you. You can do hit record in Fl, Ableton,Cubase, Sonar. Check out most popular daws and choose the one you like best.

Last edited:
I recently tried using ableton compared to fl studio and it looks like it has and could do so much more then fl studio in the genre of music I produce in (DnB & Dubstep) and I just wanted to know if this was true?

Am I limited in FL Studio? Which is a better option for me?

Also is mixdowns in Ableton more easy and better quality due to the plugins and range of audio effects they have over FL?

You can make music with both programs. I don't really see a problem making DnB & Dubstep with either. It's really about which one you feel more comfortable with. No one can really tell you who the right woman is for you. DAW's are the same way. The best one is the one you feel the most comfortable with.

You can make music with both programs. I don't really see a problem making DnB & Dubstep with either. It's really about which one you feel more comfortable with. No one can really tell you who the right woman is for you. DAW's are the same way. The best one is the one you feel the most comfortable with.
This is a true answer its all what makes u feel comfortable using but for me i feel a little limited in FL so i stay in ableton, but remember u can always use FL in ableton with rewire (which i believe is one great easy step) try it out.

This is a true answer its all what makes u feel comfortable using but for me i feel a little limited in FL so i stay in ableton, but remember u can always use FL in ableton with rewire (which i believe is one great easy step) try it out.

I'm not a FL user at all, but I'm really curious. Why do so many FL users say that they feel limited with FL? I always read posts by users here that say things like, "I've outgrown FL, I'm steppin' up to DAW xyz...............".

What's up with that?

When it all comes down to it in the end, all these different DAWs are just tools to sculpt the ideas that are in YOUR head. They all just present a different way of working towards it. If you are comfortable with FL stay with FL, the only advantage i would say abelton has over ANY DAW is its live usage, how you can preform your songs live and DJ with it easily. If your just producing, and you know FL, stick with FL

I don't have a problem with FL. At one point I thought I did, and got Maschine. I loved Maschine and wish I had it again, but after getting it I learned I didn't "need" it. I think a lot of people have this problem. They think they need what they don't. Just know your gear/program.

I don't have a problem with FL. At one point I thought I did, and got Maschine. I loved Maschine and wish I had it again, but after getting it I learned I didn't "need" it. I think a lot of people have this problem. They think they need what they don't. Just know your gear/program.

Very good point. Every once in a while, I get a bad case of gear lust. I told myself that I wouldn't buy anything new for a few years, and since I've done that, I've spent a lot more time learning more about some of the plugins/vst instruments that I already have. I really wanted to pick up Maschine, even though I already have two drum pad controllers (M Audio Trigger Finger and MPD 32) and a MPC 3000. Instead of grabbing that, I just got more into using the APC 40 and MPD 32 with Live, and I'm glad I did. I have everything I need. Something new would only be a distraction at this point. In the grand scheme of things, it really wouldn't bring anything new to the table.

Last edited:
Exactly its about bringing something to your production. When I got Maschine I didn't "know" what it would bring. It just seemed better and was cool. Now, it did bring something but also took away. It added pads and just awesome work flow, but I was a bit more constrained then with FL. You can do so much with FL. Now that I'm back on FL I'm rocking it way harder just because I have learned. Right now I'm going through the crisis of getting an MPD or MPC though. These decisions suck.

Back