FL Studio tempo automation problem

AbraxisProductions

It was a nightmare
I'm having a big problem with the automation in FL Studio 9. I am using the edit events technique to gradually speed up and then slow down the tempo of a track, and it doesn't appear to work.

The track starts at 140.500bpm and in the middle, speeds up to 190.500bpm and back down to 140.500bpm again. What is happening though is at about bar 45 (the automation begins at 98) the tempo either rises to 141.500bpm or drops to 139.500bpm. This wouldn't normally be a problem, but I have an acapella sample on top and over time makes it sound horrible, and I'm not even going to bother editing the sample.

Again, I'm using the Edit Events tempo effect in FL Studio 9. Any help is greatly appreciated.

the general issue wih event editing is tha there may be microscopic changes, which usually make no difference when it comes t volume control and what not...but pitch variation can becme annoying. So just make sure the values are equal.

I wud suggest though that u use automaton clips instead...all u need to do is highligh the area you want to remain at 140.5....create automation clip

then highlight the section that u want to be at 190.5 and create another clip...note that you should mute the initial clip before creating a second.

Wih this, be sure not to highlight the bars that u want for there to be an increase or decrease in temp...instead, you will extend the ones of the two tempos and drop or raise as needed

read that twice as it made sense at time of posting

Not sure if I completely understand that... I'll give it a shot tomorrow when I have time to keep working on it, but I haven't set mine up into patterns which is very annoying, as I have many many bars in pattern 1.

Thanks for your help, I'll let you know how it goes.

---------- Post added 01-23-2011 at 11:36 AM ---------- Previous post was 01-22-2011 at 05:32 PM ----------

So what I've done is I've created an automation clip and stretched it over bars 1-106, then I do the same over bars 108-122, and then again over 124-finish, what do I have to do to make the tempo speed up between the automations?

I know man, I've looked into Gross Beat and it looks awesome, but I had surgery a month ago and haven't worked, resulting in no money whatsoever. Fixed the problem though, I can't yet share the track, don't think I've posted on here enough, but if you're interested, search for 'ABRAXIS - TOO LATE' on YouTube.

Hope you like it, thanks for all the help

Thanks for all the help everyone, hope you enjoy the track

Back