Fl studio for sampling

L

Luissio

Ok, i have a loop i want to chop it but when i put it in fl slicer it doesnt fit with the tempo.. what process do u use to change the tempo of sample.. it NEVER work for me.

make sure you set the bpm of the sample in the right up-ish part of the slicer. then right click the right-most slider near the waveform window (the timestretch slider) and click "autodetect". That will cue the bpm of the sample to the project bpm.

i never bother to find the tempo, i just chop and get to rockin and adjust the tempo or sample as needed to make it fit. i've never ever ever bothered to find the tempo of a sample, i just start workin and eventually the sample and tempo will find a happy medium.
LevLove

I agree with LevLover. I just chop and adjust on the fly. I never really lock anything in. Sounds more natural that way.

Ok it works for me now.. what i needed to do was put the right tempo of the sample in fl slicer.

just like he said :
introspective_beats said:
make sure you set the bpm of the sample in the right up-ish part of the slicer. then right click the right-most slider near the waveform window (the timestretch slider) and click "autodetect". That will cue the bpm of the sample to the project bpm.

Last edited by a moderator:
introspective_beats said:
Thank you very much. Everyday you should learn something new. Even if it's what not to do!

Back