FL studio question

Luka95

Boom Bap Addict
If I were to re-install FL would all the sounds and projects I currently have in my FL folder be deleted/overwritten?

I know it wont when upgrading, but im not sure bout to re-install of same copy.. just move copy your project folder to a safe place and re-insert if that happens.. the project files folder is small anyways..

User data won't be overwritten. No application will wipe out your user data when you reinstall it; that would be a customer service nightmare.

Backup to be safe, but you won't lose songs and user stuff.

Good luck!

Hi Steffeeh, good suggestion on backing up the plugin presets. Could you please guide me on how I can go about backing up my bespoke plugin presets in FL studio?

Cheers
Ama

(this is on PC, don't know what OS you use)

In order to find your saved presets, go to the program folder for FL Studio, then Data -> Patches -> Plugin Presets -> and either Effects or Generators. Then you'll see a list of folders for each of your effects/generators. If you click on a folder you'll see all the preset folders, and if you've saved any preset but not in a specific folder it should just be lying around there among the folders, or if you've created a folder for your own presets, just copy that folder.

Then create a backup folder on the unit where you'll store your backup. Don't forget to create a folder for each effect/generator and then paste the correct preset files, so you don't end up with a mess with files that you don't know where they belong.

Back