FL Studio problem: Static when using certain VST's! Help Needed!!

T

tubanks7

Wonderin if anybody knew how to fix this. EVerytime I load vst's other than Hypersonic in FL, my computer keeps making this static noise for about 2 secs back to back. It does this probably about every 30 secs or so. The sound to me sounds like waves crashing, not really like static that you would hear when the buffer length is set too low. The cpu usage is fine and the strange thing is sometimes it doesnt even do it when using the same vst on another project. any help would be much appreciated.

Use Fix buffer size in the Fruity Wrapper.
There are wraper options on the top left side of the plugin.

try using fl offline, also disable anti virus and firewall, when using offline ( make sure to enable for online activity) it might be a ram problem also, do you have enough ram? (more than 256mb} disable any unneeded process's with the task manager? set each vst you use to smart disable . uncheck smooth scrolling are you using an asio driver? if not get it from asio4all.com

these are just some ways that i know of fixing this problem.

demo vsts make those kind of sounds like teh piozon demo or the toxic demo in fl...they make the same noise...register ur'e vst to get rid of it..

Increase the buffer size. If this doesn't help then you very well might need to upgrade your computer. Get a faster processor. But go into your audio options to change the buffer size.

Also, make sure your sound card has ASIO drivers. I don't remember what ASIO means or stands for but I do know that most audio software applications use and need these specific drivers to work properly.

Hope this helps....

Last edited:
thanks for the advice...my cpu is running on 768 mb of ram so i dont think its that..I'll check to see if the vst needs to be registered because everything else seems fine. Another thing i forgot to post earlier is that it makes the noise even while the track isn't playing. fl can be open and idle and is still makes that sound.

ram

more ram is essential for music production

---------- Post added at 05:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:10 AM ----------

i had a static problem when i used disco vsti and access virus vsti ,once i uninstalled 1 it stopped .

This sound is caused by lack of memory (as vst's take a lot of memory from the cpu capability.

2 Demo Vst's

as everyone has said ram is important so if messing with the buffer doesn't work you can upgrade your computer memory or get a new computer.

Back