FL Studio Piano Roll Looping

Bobby-

Guys, I'm trying to make a nice loop in piano roll but FL studio keeps on counting till the end of the bar and I want it to cut off at the note immediatly, so it can loop from the beginning. I'm sure this is simple, at least it seems simple. and I'd really appreciate if someone could help. I've searched all over and have been trying to figure it out a long time. If I know this one thing it'd make me that much better with my beat making.

what i do is when u first chop the sample up and put it in piano roll, adjust the tempo so it will make the bar the length of the sample, i dont know if that is how every else does it, but thats the best way for me

It's actually an instrument I made out of a sample. The tempo thing might work but right now I'm manually doing the beat in piano roll and its kind of a pain. I'm still getting used to this beat making stuff though, so it's coming along.

Edit: I really want to make like 3 notes loop using piano roll. When piano roll get to the end of the third note I want it to immediately return to the first note.

Last edited:
fix your volume envelop if the loop is in the piano roll. if its on the sequencer right click on the channel name and select 'cut itself' i think

I'm assuming u mean that the loop is probably half of a bar? If so, then either copy and paste the loop into the piano roll again so that it fills a whole bar and will loop like that or render that loop and put it in the bottom part of the playlist editor where u can put audio clips at...

All you have to do is go to the top of the piano roll and where
you see the timeline(You will see the numbers 1,2,3,4)
Right click and where on the black line and drag the mouse to how
long you want it to loop,Then click the play button and you will see
it will loop where you want.

Cool, it's looping. I'm a looper now. Good stuff breal, can't believe I was blind to that the whole time while it was right in my face.

All you have to do is go to the top of the piano roll and where
you see the timeline(You will see the numbers 1,2,3,4)
Right click and where on the black line and drag the mouse to how
long you want it to loop,Then click the play button and you will see
it will loop where you want.

This works, but when I close out piano roll and return to the step sequencer it doesn't loop correctly. What am I doing wrong? I should be able to close it out right? ( I know this thread is really old, but this is the exact problem I'm having right now). Can anybody help me out?

Back