FL Studio Mobile for iPad/ iPad Music Production

Inverted314

BOOM BAP OR DIE
Dope.
I've been talking about purchasing an ipad + how I think the iPad has a chance to be a huge player in creating music; among other things. FL Studio Mobile will also be available for iPhone but that just seems... silly.

FLMobile_heading_1.png

FL Studio mobile will allow you to create complete
multi-track projects on your i.Pod, i.Phone or i.Pad
and, if you want, load mobile projects into FL Studio and
take them to the next level. If it’s a beat on the Stepsequencer, a melody on the Piano roll
or a full song on the Playlist, FL Studio mobile has you covered. Never lose that idea again.
Get it down and happening wherever you are.

Compatible with the FL Studio desktop version.
85-key keyboard
FL Studio quality instruments and kits
5 Effects: reverb, delay, equalizer, amp, filter
Pitch bend via accelerometer
128-track sequencer
Attack and release times for each track
Piano-roll editor
Step sequencer
Drum pads
Drum loops
MIDI import/export
Mixdown to wav
iTunes file sharing support
Low-latency, high-polyphony, battery saving audio engine
iPhone 4 Retina Display support
Compatible with the Akai SynthStation 25

01_drumpads.gif

half_reverb_188_1.png

With some great accessories coming out some big things will be able to happen if further development of stuff like this keeps coming. Imagine if this as your mobile studio. 49 Keys, Drum Pads, pitch/mod wheels, transport controls.

Akai-SynthStation49-iPad-Dock.jpg

You need to record vocals, fine, Apogee will have you covered

mic-feature-header.jpg

Want killer guitar modeling?

050-at-ipad-06.jpg

And the cool thing about the iPad is in the mean time when your not creating music you can play games, video chat with your hot asian girlfriend, surf the web, watch redtube, and so on.

This is prolly fake...FL Studio is coded in delphi and is almost impossible to port over to a diff. OS, especially iOS. Image-Line has even said they will not make it for the MacOS because of these issues

i can understand your excitment with the ipad (i own one)... but at some point computer power will come into the equation... apple are selling mac pro with 12 cores... there is no way the ipad can handle what a mac pro can... in my opinion the future of the ipad will be at the controller level (i.e. ipad and omnisphere)...

It really shouldn't be a problem though; sure it can't compete with a Mac Pro but I'm talking mobile rig status. I don't expect it to replace someone's i7 iMac. You need fast computers to run most programs these days because they are extremely bloated; however with proper design and optimization I think it would be very capable. Most sound libraries these days are larger then the memory you can even get on an iPad; however keep in mind how many hit records were made with the Motif's 84mb of sounds. Again I'm just speculating; but I think the iPad is exciting and I'm interested in seeing what else can be done with it.

The iPad is expensive but the niche market intrigues me. Obviously you can go get a new PC for the price of one if you want a serious studio; but I think it would be a neat scratchpad; especially considering how portable it is and how long the battery lasts.

This is prolly fake...FL Studio is coded in delphi and is almost impossible to port over to a diff. OS, especially iOS. Image-Line has even said they will not make it for the MacOS because of these issues

I mean, maybe? It could be fake but I got it from Image Line's itself. Judging on the layout in the pictures I would have to guess it was designed from scratch for iOS and not ported; but that's a little beyond my knowledge level. Think of it like this, if what you say is true about them not being able to port it for OSX because of those problems; maybe coding an app is a much easier way for them to tap into the Apple market? It would make sense considering how many Apple fans there are in the music industry. Lots of people are Bootcamping FL on their Mac because they like it so much. Just an idea.

---------- Post added 04-09-2011 at 05:04 PM ---------- Previous post was 04-06-2011 at 11:28 AM ----------

More then half the people on this forum use FL and only 2 replies.

Aight cool.

Last edited:
I am a FL user.....and if it's not like the regular program....kcuf it. I haven't purchased an Ipad 2 yet, but I'm looking to cop Beatmaker 2 (funny how this site started that Beetmaker mess), Nano Studio, and Xewton.

Last edited:
I am a FL user.....and if it's not like the regular program....kcuf it. I haven't purchased an Ipad 2 yet, but I'm looking to cop Beatmaker 2 (funny how this site started that Beetmaker mess), Nano Studio, and Xewton.

I haven't got one yet either, but I'm crazy enough to use the above gear as my ENTIRE studio if the right apps come out haha.
I like using unconventional stuff and I've been wanting to get rid of my laptop anyways; i already got my whole home studio planned out. I think it would be awesome to have a Synthstation 49 with some KRK's and an iPad2 docked running FL Studio. Make my beats in there, and with the Apogee Mic I can record my raps/acoustic songs, all on my iPad. Thats too dope to me. I can do that with my Macbook, but I don't really want to. I want something different.

The iPad FL isn't being developed by Imageline themselves. It's being made by the people behind Xewton for Imageline.

i have Nano Studio for my iPhone 4...but barely use it. This looks pretty dope tho

how much $$ is this gonna run?

I think it would be awesome to have a Synthstation 49 with some KRK's and an iPad2 docked running FL Studio. Make my beats in there, and with the Apogee Mic I can record my raps/acoustic songs, all on my iPad. Thats too dope to me. I can do that with my Macbook, but I don't really want to. I want something different.

damn good idea, FL isn't a heavy CPU user anyway. I think at least for basic sequencing functions it would work. And since I've got a macbook pro and ipad 2 it would make my day [:

damn good idea, FL isn't a heavy CPU user anyway. I think at least for basic sequencing functions it would work. And since I've got a macbook pro and ipad 2 it would make my day [:

The thing is, people think that the iPad isn't powerful enough, and in comparison to the heavily bloated VSTs and stuff for PC then yes, however the iPad has way more processing power and memory then most keyboard workstations which has made thousands of hit songs. iPad means they would have to consolidate and sell on good sounds instead of todays trend of whatever library has the most gigabytes. I'm stoked for this and think this is the future of music production. As long as the software is right.

---------- Post added 04-30-2011 at 04:01 AM ---------- Previous post was 04-24-2011 at 11:49 AM ----------

New stuff.... I think this is going to be a game changer. This is going to get me back into producing. I enjoy making beats but I hate mousing around with interfaces. I can't wait to start my iPad based studio. This app looks amazing. It's got everything I need to make music FUN and portable.

001_drumpads_960.gif

002_keyboard_960.gif

003_keyboard2_960.gif

004_instr_960.gif

005_tracklist_960.gif

006_transpose_960.gif

007_tempo_960.gif

010_quantization_960.png

011_pianoroll_960.gif

012_stepedit_960.gif

013_effects_limiter_960.gif

014_effects_reverb_960.gif

015_effects_delay_960.gif

016_effects_eq_960.gif

017_effects_amp_960.gif

018_effects_filter_960.gif

019_projects_960.gif

020_setup_general_960.gif

021_setup_keyboard_960.gif

022_setup_pitchbend_960.gif

023_setup_metronome_960.gif

Yup, it's official. I am getting an iPad A.S.A.P! I wish they would just give a release date already!!!

FL is trying to lock down the game!!

FL is smart though. They price their products in reach of people.

I can't wait to get my iPad 2. I just bought a new stereo for my car so I keep getting pushed back but soon enough I will be making all my music from an iPad. I rap these days so I will mostly be recording with the Apogee MIC when that gets released, but I will be picking up FL Studio and the Akai keyboard for when I feel like kicking back and making a beat on the couch, at the beach, or at the homies crib. THAT is the appeal of the iPad to me. No strings attached. Unlimited mobile creative potential. Plus it's so easy to throw in my backpack and the perfect scratchpad for writing verses.

I just saw this today; this is awesome; I'll be picking one of these up for sure as well to mess with.

idjlive_angle_media_setup_lrg.jpg

That is pretty smooth.

It looks plastic fantastic as hell, especially knowing Numark. All their lower end stuff looks like Toys R Us BUT that looks hella fun for me (not a DJ but have always wanted to get my feet wet.) And for $100 I can afford to play.

I assume the majority of producers aren't going to be ready to switch to tech like this for quite some time. As I said earlier though I'm more of a rapper these days but I like to play every once in a while. It will be interesting to see how complex you can make your tracks. Although extremely underpowered compared to todays VSTs, in theory it should be more then capable of any Motif, Triton, or Fantom and we all know how many classics have been produced on those boards.

I just love this picture. It looks like a compact Korg Oasys.

5613163872_5d2c9fb252.jpg

201005231533020_korg_oasys7425.jpg

Looks like a really nice interface, but i don't really see any pattern clips in the sequencer(not just drums); thats a major issue for me if it's only linear-based, but since FL has always had patterns, that wouldn't make sense.

I really hope it makes it to Android. I've never been an Apple fan. I like the Ipad but Apple has everything on lockdown. I'm waiting to buy the Asus Transformer tablet but right now I've gotta say the integration and possibilities (currently) are better with the Ipad.

Back