FL Studio on Mac

I've owned quite a few macs over the years, beginning with my Quadra 840AV and ending with my B&W G3 (upgraded with a Sonnet G4-500 card). I don't like them and I don't like OSX.

These days, a mac is nothing more than a PC in a pretty case that runs OSX... Not that any PC can't run OSX, they can, but only Apple hardware is "officially" supported (for obvious reasons).

If it is nothing more then a PC in a pretty case then why don't you like them? Your a bit contradictory.

The only problem with Mac is their prices are high, but, that's just how it is. lol if you don't like them don't buy them it's your choice. How you don't like OSX is interesting though, considering it's their best OS to date. I'm not a mac fanboy, I use two PCs as well but OSX is far superior to XP, and when Snow Leopard comes out it will be even better.

I use FL on a PC, and I'm gonna have Bootcamp when I get my Mac or Macbook though just so I can go back to FL if I ever need to. I'm gonna have to get a laptop soon so I'll prob get the Macbook first. But the main reason I'm getting a PC is because I want Logic. I'm not afraid of the learning curve. I use Pro-Tools 8, FL Studio 8, and Reason 4...and I use all three very proficiently. Between those three programs, I'm sure all of the concepts of recording, ReWire and midi are all the same. Logic doesn't scare me.

If it is nothing more then a PC in a pretty case then why don't you like them? Your a bit contradictory.

The only problem with Mac is their prices are high, but, that's just how it is. lol if you don't like them don't buy them it's your choice. How you don't like OSX is interesting though, considering it's their best OS to date. I'm not a mac fanboy, I use two PCs as well but OSX is far superior to XP, and when Snow Leopard comes out it will be even better.

I don't like OSX. It's too dumbed down for my tastes. I'm a Unix-nut and OSX is like "Unix For Dummies" but you don't see the unix part. OSX borrows entirely too much from Unix desktops/window managers for my tastes and, because it's supposed to be unix, it should be highly customizeable... But it's not.

I have several *nix virtual and physical machines at the crib and have owned quite a few others over the years (HP, Sun, SGI, IBM) and I like to set up my desktop precisely to my liking. That doesn't happen in OSX. I can get my Win32 desktop really close to it, but I don't 'cause when I'm in Windows, I'm in a different frame of mind and that environment works well for me.

Aside from that, OSX didn't get stable until 10.3, and by then I had long since run away from it (remember: OSX couldn't even play f_ckin DVD's when it was first released and that was a major turn-off for me)

to answer ur question lol.. yea i do. I use Virtual Box because boot camp wasnt working right when i tried to install.. but virtual box is good evrything works fine and u can switch back to mac in 2 seconds. Its not a separate thing like with boot camp.. it works like a normal pc

Back