FL Studio - Low Pass filter Help

jxjaminxj

Sup FP..?

I was wondering if there was an easy way to add a low pass filter to everything and be able to EXCLUDE 1 sound from getting filtered... or would I have to add the filter to each sound individually?

Hope this made sense, Thanks .. !

Set up a master channel with a LP and send every instrument to that one?

Not sure if I get your question rly

good question. i would like to know that too(if its even possible). but i just add it on every channel... a little more work...but its the same result

I think you gave the right answer.. just have to figure out how to do it lol..

basically I have this beat im working on and the first part of the verse, I want only the drums with LP.. 2nd half I want everything except for the drums to have a LP

Hmm okey... Let me try to break it down to you then.

If you have for example CH1: Kick CH2: Snare CH3: Hats > what you wanna do is to send all these channels to a bus channel, i.e channel 10.
Have CH1 highlighted and move your coursor to channel 10, and select the arrow pointing upwards "enable send from insert 1 to insert 10".

On the bus you will have for your instance your LP Filter.

I ended up doing that, and it didn't work completely. is there a step im missing?
I was able to get the lowpass to work but it also sounds like every single sound I sent to the master channel got doubled up and only half of them had the low pass filter

send all the tracks you want the lowpass on to a send track, then apply the filter on that send channel. then just automate the mix level or frequency depending on what youre trying to do.

Back