FL Studio Help

huney

Hi guys,

I'm trying to get back into producing after quite some years. Last FL Studio I used was FL 7 & I enjoyed it very much. I recently downloaded FL 10 & although it's a great program, I'm having trouble figuring out the new patterning use. I understand you can create multiple patterns & paste it to the song board but I found it much easier to use FL 7 as it allows you to add as many instruments & copy & paste to create a loop. I could add drums & bass for example & play around with the melody as I go. I was wondering if there is a way to play multiple patterns on FL 10 - so if I made a melody & wanted to add drums, could I play both patterns at the same time so I could change what I needed as I listened?

Much love xo

Last edited:
make 2 patterns, or as many as you want. One pattern has your melody. One pattern has your drums. You can arrange the patterns in the playlist area on the right side. If the playlist area isn't there, hover over the top buttons until you find it.

but yes, keep the patterns (in the step sequencer on the left) instrument specific.

make 2 patterns, or as many as you want. One pattern has your melody. One pattern has your drums. You can arrange the patterns in the playlist area on the right side. If the playlist area isn't there, hover over the top buttons until you find it.

but yes, keep the patterns (in the step sequencer on the left) instrument specific.

Thanks love but how do I listen to 2 patterns at the same time in song mode without having to paste it into the playlist? This used to be a feature on older versions

Watch some "FL Studio Tutorial Beginner " videos on YouTube man, most of them are for new versions of fl. Fallow up and You will be pro in 1-2 days.

Last edited:
Back