Fl Studio cracking noise

gageishere

Whenever I make a beat in FL, there is always this crackling/popping sound in the background. At first I thought it was just the drums or samples I was using but even with them muted and other clean sounds playing that popping is still there. What's going on? Help plz

post up your complete PC's specs (processor, RAM, version of Windows) and your audio card/interface in addition to your audio settings in FL Studio.

Processor: AMD Phenom(tm) II N640 Dual-Core Processor 2.90 GHz
Installed memory (RAM): 4.00 GB (3.75 GB usable)
System type: 64-bit Operating System

flaudiosettings.jpg

how do I view my audio card? I never really mess around with stuff like this

Try increasing the buffer length. If the underruns continue to increase keep going higher on the buffer length. Also, I'm not certain what your "Primary Sound Driver" is, but you can try and use the ASIO driver as this may improve on the clicks/pops.

But the clicks and pops are caused by the buffer length.

Last edited:
Try increasing the buffer length. If the underruns continue to increase keep going higher on the buffer length. Also, I'm not certain what your "Primary Sound Driver" is, but you can try and use the ASIO driver as this may improve on the clicks/pops.

Thx, i raised the buffer lengths like u said and it's sounding better now

Are you using the on-board audio or do you have a pro-level audio interface? If not, plan on getting one soon, but in the meantime go here:

http://www.asio4all.com/

Downloand and install ASIO4All. In FL, go into the Audio properties menu and switch your driver to ASIO4All. You should be able to adjust your latency to between 13-20ms without crackling.

i just got FL studio 9 producer edition frm ebay, (noobie) to producing, newayz i finished installing it and right off the bat i hear the crackling popping, since i did my hw i new what it was, lag buffering, after messing around i changed the ms where i saw the buffering way high when FL said from 10-30.
my laptop adjusted it to 47ms and no lag, is it worth me buying a usb interface? like m audio fast track pro ive been eyeing a tascam as well, but at 47ms should i even get one???

I used to use ASIO4ALL because it got rid of the underruns, but after comparing it to the default sound driver, It sounded like ASIO was killing the quality. I think thats how it got rid of the underruns.

I just use my primary driver at 5000 Ms.

ASIO doesn't do anything to the quality, really. It simply bypasses the OS, so the software using it doesn't have to divide the resources of the sound card with other programs (which is where the latency comes from).

Also, 5000ms? That's five full seconds. Quite the latency...

ASIO doesn't do anything to the quality, really. It simply bypasses the OS, so the software using it doesn't have to divide the resources of the sound card with other programs (which is where the latency comes from).

Also, 5000ms? That's five full seconds. Quite the latency...

Haha, I meant 5000 samples. It turns out to be 122ms. I read my settings to fast.

Back