FL Studio 10

deanlofts

Cubase Addict
Hey all, to those that use FL Studio version 10 has just been released. What do you think of it? Will you upgrade anytime soon?

damn i used Fl when it was on version like 4 back in the day....wow how things have changed

i'm just waiting for logic 10 to drop, to upgrade from 9

I got a notification mail yesterday and started to download it instantly. I think this is great. The visual changes are pleasant and they make producing more comfortable. Patcher is interesting. FL studio finally got tuning effects which is great, and even I haven't yet experimented with them, they look excellent. Can't say much yet, expect that I like this already :)

This looks very nice..I started out on FL 1.5...before VSTIs were popular. Im a Cubase user but i keep FL around to spice things up.
FL does certain things that Cubase wont do as easily.

I'm not a FL user, but the fact that it is constantly growing and the updates are free says a lot.

i am a fl studio owner but not a user... i really cant believe that when other products drop/update/upgrade threads go on for days... and now that Imagine Line are adding features like the "big" boys no one has a comment... the funny part of all this is that the updates/upgrades are "free"... what a funny world we live in... individuals would pay $129 for features in a product that have been available in other products for years... now that Imagine Line are adding "real" new features (for free) no on has a word to say...

WOW!!!

I think part of the reason was because they pushed the betas for so long alot of people knew what was to be expected. The curious people tried the betas, and the cautious people waited for the full release.

I also own it, but dont use it...only on collabs. I can say you really got to use it to be hip on the knowledge of it now. I find everytime theres a new version I gotta relearn something again. Where are the block patterns? Why the new unorthodox mixer there's a option to get the old one back, but still? Alot of the changes have to do with how it looks, or shortcuts that are more visable instead of digging thru the menus.

The only 2 things I really really wish they would change is the top area where the transport, news, midi options etc are. Try a plugin like gladiator with a average sized screen you must detach the plugin lol. Then the vst menu...you see audio fx when you rescan for instruments, you see instruments when you rescan for audio fx then going down the menu. Then if you have enough effects everything is like BAM instead of not having sub menus. You have the browser and the plugin picker, but manually organizing them is like eh not right now.

Im not here to bash it and I watched evolve before it was even a daw and didn't support plugins...Gol is really dedicated to it.

Last edited:
I watched evolve before it was even a daw and didn't support plugins...Gol is really dedicated to it.

Nice, even I have never seen FL without VST support.

---------- Post added at 06:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:54 AM ----------

I watched evolve before it was even a daw and didn't support plugins...Gol is really dedicated to it.

Nice, even I have never seen FL without VST support.

I had a free copy of FL. It's so old all it had was a step sequencer and 808 sounds. I still have it somewhere. It came with my Soundblaster Audio card.

probably still sounds like shit as usual compared to cubase 6

probably still sounds like shit as usual compared to cubase 6

How would it "sound" any different? All DAW's essentially "sound" the same... it's just what you do with them that makes a difference. Honestly, I prefer FL Studio over Cubase because I've always found it easier to use. FL Studio always catches flak but if you really think about it, there is nothing you cannot do in FL Studio, and it supports audio quality resolutions beyond what most people can even hear with their crappy M-Audio monitors from Guitar Center. Lifetime free updates is a pretty ****in' sweet deal if you ask me. Then again, I'm sure that most people around here probably didn't buy their software or VST's. The new update looks great, and I'm just hoping to come across more instruments and plugins that support 64-bit multicore processing. I have a quad core PC but some virtual instruments and effects don't support multithreading, and they're CPU hogs, which sucks.

I think part of the reason was because they pushed the betas for so long alot of people knew what was to be expected. The curious people tried the betas, and the cautious people waited for the full release.

I also own it, but dont use it...only on collabs. I can say you really got to use it to be hip on the knowledge of it now. I find everytime theres a new version I gotta relearn something again. Where are the block patterns? Why the new unorthodox mixer there's a option to get the old one back, but still? Alot of the changes have to do with how it looks, or shortcuts that are more visable instead of digging thru the menus.

The only 2 things I really really wish they would change is the top area where the transport, news, midi options etc are. Try a plugin like gladiator with a average sized screen you must detach the plugin lol. Then the vst menu...you see audio fx when you rescan for instruments, you see instruments when you rescan for audio fx then going down the menu. Then if you have enough effects everything is like BAM instead of not having sub menus. You have the browser and the plugin picker, but manually organizing them is like eh not right now.

Im not here to bash it and I watched evolve before it was even a daw and didn't support plugins...Gol is really dedicated to it.
LOL reading your post I finally figured out how to see the full screen of gladiator in Fl Studio. I was tryna figure out if there was a way to see everything for ages. Thanks homie learned something new today on fp lol..

LOL reading your post I finally figured out how to see the full screen of gladiator in Fl Studio. I was tryna figure out if there was a way to see everything for ages. Thanks homie learned something new today on fp lol..

Haha no problem man.

Back