FL Studio 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used FL7 for a while. Got stuck. FL9 seemed a bit unnecessary. Works though, smoother graphics, w/e. As for Reason, nail in the coffin upgrades. Things become more seamless. A person using Reason has to devote a good half-day to actually learning the ropes. If they can't do that, then Reason is too smart for them anyway.

I do programming in some proprietary languages, java, flash, and C+, but it mostly includes testing and compilers. I just have a good understanding of the commands that programs use to achieve the functions that you use every day. Programming is just IF, WHEN, AND, THEN types of commands. When you can wrap you head around that you can understand the different approaches to software and why some software is so clean and sable and other software constantly has bugs and such.

I don't know why everyone is so bent up though. I never said anyone had to agree with me. I just don't know why everyone is so excited to see updates from FL Studio. It's just my OPINION folks. Take it easy. People act like I'm cussing them out when I talk bad about the software they use. I consider myself to be an expert on FL Studio. I know it in and out. I just don't like many of the new features. I think they are poorly designed. Fruity Loops 1-6 was very elegant in design. 7 was ok but that was when the seq was changed drastically.

As for Reason I'm very in touch with other peoples prospective. I do beta testing for Propellerheads, frequent the forum, and made a living selling it to other people in one of the biggest markets on the planet. The fact is that anyone that didn't like the Reason 4 update didn't give it a chance. I actually held instruction classes where I showed people the differences and how the function was exactly the same but with a few tweaks that actually improve it. Not one person I've ever met has gone back to Reason 3 after I show them. In fact I've never meet anyone that prefers it after spending any reasonable amount of time with it. And I deal with thousands of people that use Reason. SO I don't know where you get your info from but I really don't believe it at all.

Look, you can call around on me if you want. I'm well known in this area in the Pro Audio seen. I know software. Reason functional changes where minimal especially compared to FL.

Don't get all bent out of shape. All I said is I don't like the FL updates. I never said you have to hate them also. But understand that I see feature request post and talk to kids that are saying stuff like "I want cd authoring in FL". It seems like these kids always want something added. I'm just tired of it all. Maybe you don't understand it cause you don't have to put up with it all. I just don't understand the mentality of having every feature possible. I learned a long time ago that limitations spark creativity.
Ive never loved Reason 4 and I have been using Reason since Version 2. Im not sure why u have such a narrow pov on things. You often tell people they are idiots for disagreeing with the way you see things its kinda funny.

---------- Post added at 06:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:59 PM ----------

I used FL7 for a while. Got stuck. FL9 seemed a bit unnecessary. Works though, smoother graphics, w/e. As for Reason, nail in the coffin upgrades. Things become more seamless. A person using Reason has to devote a good half-day to actually learning the ropes. If they can't do that, then Reason is too smart for them anyway.
half day? for reason updates or as a reason newb? ill admit as a newb reason was one of my first programs and it took a lil while for me to get used to it now I kinda breeze through Reason though when learning the new sequencer in some ways I felt like i was learning the program all over again. Hell every so often i still find bumps in the road using features that i never used in the sequencer before like mute tracks a couple weeks ago

How is having an opinion narrow-minded? And you guys have to understand that I just type these threads. Typing has NO TONE, and especially my typing. I don't take it as serious as everyone else.

And I do know thousands of Reason users. I work with a lot of people, do Reason demo's, private session teaching with Reason, sold it for a living, and am active in the Props forum.

Honestly I don't care how I come off, because I care very little about other people's view of me. I like to help here, give advice, and voice my opinion in case the companies are around. Next thing you know there is be a FL Studio v10 Legacy Edition. I have had companies steal my ideas before. This one they can have for free.

But about Reason for a second. I've never done a demo for Reason that didn't convert hardcore FL users. It's a better thought out software and super stable. FL is quickly becoming bloatware.

I do programming in some proprietary languages, java, flash, and C+, but it mostly includes testing and compilers. I just have a good understanding of the commands that programs use to achieve the functions that you use every day. Programming is just IF, WHEN, AND, THEN types of commands. When you can wrap you head around that you can understand the different approaches to software and why some software is so clean and sable and other software constantly has bugs and such.

What I really think is that you hope noone here knows anything about programming so you can spew a few words like "proprietary", C+ (<- lol ++), "testing and compilers" (rotfl) and pretend to be all smart.
Tell you what: I know you know shit about it just from the quote above.

But it's ok. The topic is not "has Morning_Star ever programmed shit". It is: FL 10 is about to get released anytime soon and it has some great improvements over previous versions. Which one might like or not - but since this is a beta version and all registered users are invited to test it - one can even go over to their forums and suggest changes until the final FL10 is ready for release.

Last edited:
What I really think is that you hope noone here knows anything about programming so you can spew a few words like "proprietary", C+ (<- lol ++), "testing and compilers" (rotfl) and pretend to be all smart.
Tell you what: I know you know shit about it just from the quote above.

But it's ok. The topic is not "has Morning_Star ever programmed shit". It is: FL 10 is about to get released anytime soon and it has some great improvements over previous versions. Which one might like or not - but since this is a beta version and all registered users are invited to test it - one can even go over to their forums and suggest changes until the final FL10 is ready for release.

Actually I just work with software developers and people that program their own chips for stand alone operation. I don't have a ton of experience actually programming although I have written my own programs that do things like advanced math. I really don't care what you think, but anyone that does understand programing language can see what's wrong with certain software. It's kinda like how an experience engineer can pick out certain mic's and mic preamps when listening to music.

In January I'm headed back to school to learn how to do all my own programming in C++ so I can start releasing my own vst plugs and apps so that companies can stop stealing my ideas and I can release them on my own. Right now I only can a little programming by myself but in a year time I'll be doing it all myself.

I really don't care if you believe me or not, but I've worked with many well know companies on development. I think my post might have been misleading because I didn't explain every point because I was just trying to give a vague idea of my experience. Not a detailed log of what I do. But I find myself moving from music and more into software developing. Especially when I get back in school.

---------- Post added at 01:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:33 PM ----------

I'm actually working on an "algorithm" for a.i. technology for video games. It's pretty sweet. It does things like decision making, panic, and defensive measures.

Right now I only can a little programming by myself but in a year time I'll be doing it all myself.
Just a well minded advise: It takes more than a year (10 maybe?) to master programming to a level a company will be willing to even take your ideas into account considering the level you seem to be from reading your posts.
But you might be young. 12 maybe? I can't really tell. So you have plenty of time.

---------- Post added at 08:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:41 PM ----------

i still havent found a decent way of recording vocals in FL
How are you doing it right now? Because there are actually plenty of ways to do it
(none of which get in the way of one another as opposed to Morning_Stars claims)

Last edited:
Just a well minded advise: It takes more than a year (10 maybe?) to master programming to a level a company will be willing to even take your ideas into account considering the level you seem to be from reading your posts.
But you might be young. 12 maybe? I can't really tell. So you have plenty of time.

12? Hmmm, yeah. Actually it should only take me about 6 months to finish learning the language. Like I said. I already know programming styles and methods. Just need to learn to speak the language fluently. I'm 27, and have been career engineer for the last 7 or so years and have been working with music since about the age of 12.

And you obviously don't know much about programming because with the language down I'll be able to use sdk's and compilers to finish software products no problem. I already use developing tools. My methods are already solid. It's all just math and commands and my math is very, very strong. I'm in the 99% for standardized testing and have a good understanding of all the advanced math I'll need. I use applied math every day.

the_more_you_know2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back