File Extension Converter for Reason

His Vision

File Extension Converter for Reason???

I have samples that I can export in WAV or MP3 format onto my computer.

Does anyone know a good file converter that I can use to get them to be .smp or .zyp to use in the sampler and synthisizer in Reason?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
All of Reason's samplers read wav & aiff & a couple of other formats (listed in the manual), the .smp is just the patch format. The synthesizers form their sound from their internal oscillators in real time, not from samples (though the wavetable osc in Thor and Malström's graintable oscs are sample-based - just not user-defineable).

So the only thing you'll need to convert is the mp3s to wav.

Ok thanks! I was getting it all planned out before I actualy got my samples split up and ready to go, but now that's one less thing I'll have to do.

All of Reason's samplers read wav & aiff & a couple of other formats (listed in the manual), the .smp is just the patch format. The synthesizers form their sound from their internal oscillators in real time, not from samples (though the wavetable osc in Thor and Malström's graintable oscs are sample-based - just not user-defineable).

So the only thing you'll need to convert is the mp3s to wav.

I tried to load into the NN-XT sampler a wav file that I had and it did not load properly. Do you know if there is a file size limit when I load it into the device or if I need to have it in a specific location?

I tried to load into the NN-XT sampler a wav file that I had and it did not load properly. Do you know if there is a file size limit when I load it into the device or if I need to have it in a specific location?
you have to use the 'load sample' button in the remote editor, not the load patch button at the top. also, hit the help menu so you can get familiar with the buttons in the remote editor so you'll know how to freak your sample once you get it in there.
LevLove

Back