export options in Logic Platinum?

K

Kos

Hi, I have a couple of songs done in Logic, they are all audio clips, no midi or anything. My question is how do I mix down these arrangements and get them into a format to burn on CD? Logic has a digital mixdown option, but everytime I do that it comes out all static. I really need to figure this out as soon as possible, so any help would be greatly aprreciated. Thanks.
-KOS

this is where the manual comes in handy ;-)

Anyway, how exactly are you trying to do this?

Have you set the recording path on your hard disk at all?

You need to allocate a place on your hard disk to actually record the song as a whole before you can think about converting it to the right format for burning onto CD's.

Off the top of my head I cannot remember which flip menu from the task bar shows this but im pretty sure its in the "Audio" flip down menu when you are in the arrange window under an option that says something on the lines of "Set record path" (*ahem* makes sense....)

The next steps I will have to look into some more, until then maybe someone else can shed some more light?

Adam

Thanks for taking the time to replay Adam. I do have the record path setI think. Specificaly this is what i'm doing, I have my background music (which I made in Reason and exported to a .wav file then imoprted it to Logic) then I am just recording vocals on different channels. All the audio files go to one folder that I have selected, along with the logic song file. The problem is you cant take the Logic file and burn it to a CD, I need to some how mixdown all the audio files into one audio file(.wav, .aiff, ect.) so I can get them on CD. Maybe this makes it clearer what im trying to do.(I hope) Thanks again.
-KOS

YOu need to create a master fader object in the audio mixer and route your audio tracks to it. On this fader is a button marked bounce. Click it and it will create a stereo file out of your audio session.

THANK YOU

RobinH:
thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you.[and it was so simple] THANKS.
-KOS

Back