Does anyone know a good tutorial site or reference for Project5?

except for the one on the cakewalk site, not much.

In fact, please email them telling them you'd like some "GET STARTED" tutorials...

Say something like "because Reason has a comprehensive tutorial, I'm planning on going with them...."

maybe if they get enough emails like that, they'll speed up the tutorial they've been saying was coming out since last year.

the Project 5 tutorials on the site are helpful much like the Reason turoials on www.propellerheads.se are useful.

If you're already makin' beats and **** with the program, it'll definitely help... but if you're havin gproblems getting started, it's not much of a help.

If Project 5 wants to take it to the level of sales as Reason, then they are gonna have to cater to the people who need to be hand-held in the beginning.

Last edited:
^^^ hell yeah, beacause a lot of people get into beat makin lackin experience and fundamental know-how. also its a pain to look at something fresh and spankin new and try and figure you're way out and around the program.

the guys on the forum there were helpfull with my questions. and they have actual cakewalk presence on that forum

oh and that book thats coming out for project5 is gonna be one of the power! series i.e. sonar power, reason power jus a lil of bit of info for ya

^^^ unfortunately, the POWER! series are simply re-hashed versions of the manual.

sometimes, the TIPS part actually does provide soem helpful tips.

if you have NO CLUE how to start producing beats with that program, tho, the POWER! series might not help as much.

We'll see tho.

Someone on the PROJECT 5 site said they emailed the publisher of the POWER! series and they said they had no plans on doing one... -shrug-

^^^ also, the same publisher that does the POWER! series also does the IGNITE! series, which is a much better series.

Back